Your first ever watched Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukulpat

Player Valuation: £500k
When was the first Everton match you watch? Via TV or at Goodison Park or elsewhere? :P

The first match that made me known Everton was in 1985, FA Cup FInal on black & white TV at my home , even we lost that match, but it inspired me to support Everton from that time

Last edited:
94/95 FA cup final, only some moments of the game live in my head because I was very young at the time, but great that we won that against United

first game i went to was in 1992/3 at home against Sheff Utd, brain deane got two and we lost

but i loved every minute of sitting there with my dad in the Gwladys Street, and from that day on i think i have mentioned everton every single day ha

First game I went to;

Mine,

12th October, 1996-97
Everton 2-1 West Ham
Stuart G Speed G

Everton recorded their second Premiership win on the trot thanks largely to an overdue contribution from £3.5m summer signing Gary Speed. The former Leeds midfielder, who has only flickered occasionally for his new club, helped steer Everton to victory at Goodison with the vital second goal after 78 minutes -- a fine finish. It was only his third of the season. His last in the league came on the opening day when Newcastle were beaten 2-0. Since then his form has dipped and the goals have dried up with his last one coming in the second leg of the Coca-Cola Cup defeat by York last month. Today, though, he was back in the groove with his first goal in eight league matches. The home side needed it, too.
West Ham never gave up the fight and managed to pull back a consolation goal four minutes from time when Julian Dicks blasted a spot kick beyond Neville Southall after Andy Hinchcliffe had brought down the slippery Hugo Porfirio.
Everton endured an anxious last four minutes but were able to hang on for only their third league victory of the season. Manager Joe Royle again called up 17-year-old striker Michael Branch to partner Graham Stuart in attack in the absence of Paul Rideout and Duncan Ferguson.
Porfirio, on loan from Sporting Lisbon, got away from Craig Short after only 10 minutes. The Everton defender's tackle was clumsy and the Hammers made loud appeals for a penalty. However referee Graham Barber waved away their protests and allowed play to continue, much to Everton's relief.
The home side opened the scoring after 14 minutes when Joe Parkinson saw a shot blocked. Hinchcliffe, on England duty in mid-week, drove the ball back in and Stuart got on the end of it to steer it past keeper Ludek Miklosko. Parkinson was forced to go off shortly afterwards and was followed by hobbling colleague John Ebbrell at halftime.
The Hammers were only inches away from getting the equaliser when Iain Dowie latched on to a huge clearance from keeper Miklosko but Neville Southall got up to turn his stinging shot over the bar.
Branch glanced a header wide from a cross by Andrei Kanchelskis but Everton then suffered another scare. Southall again did superbly well to block a header from Dicks after Michael Hughes had swung in a corner and Hinchcliffe cleared off the line.
Speed seemed to have put the game out of the Hammers' reach with 12 minutes to go when he was released by Earl Barrett and directed a 20-yard shot into the corner. Dicks had the last word by scoring from the spot for his third goal of the season.

The first live game I watched was the league cup final against Villa in 77.
That same season the semi-final against the rs was memorable for McKenzie taking the piss out of Tommy Smith.

my first game was in 1994, at home to leicester city and we drew 1-1 gary ablett grabbing our goal:lol:

i can't really remember, it would be either away to leicester city or coventry city in 1979 or 1980. after years of only seeing everton away in the midlands, london or the south (including the match at oxford united), i finally made it to goodison for a real match (after a couple of previous non-competitive visits) for the coventry city match in 1998. subsequently i was fortunate to find out about essca & so make a few matches every season with my fellow south-coast blues.

MY very first game was a reserve match in 1956 we beat Chesterfield 6-1 and I had my hat stolen.:(

First game I went to;

Mine,

12th October, 1996-97
Everton 2-1 West Ham
Stuart G Speed G

that was my first home game. being from down south bit hard to get cash to get up before then. 1st game i saw was at plough lane in 1988 we lost 3-1 and sheeds scored.

mine was aganst leeds at goodison 1997/1998 season it was 2-0 don hutchinson and big dunc i had just turned 11 becoz it was a bday prez

watching everton vs sheffield wednesday 1986 FA cup semi final on match of the day, think sharpy and inchy scorred....i think. I was 9 at the time and was chosen that day.

the first time in the flesh was watching them at the dell in southampton and sharpy got all 4.
:D

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back