Your stance on Martinez AND what would change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider him a busted flush at this point, and in terms of this season nothing could change my opinion on wanting him gone; not even a spawny FA Cup win.

give a little more detail please. also I think its fair to say that thinking everton are or are not competeing is subjective. So why not try setting some sort of statistical target, such as winning a minimum number of games or gaining a certain number of points.

Nothing subjective at all about competing.

He needs to get clean sheets - sort out the keeper situation. To prove that he can do it. If he can't do that he's not fit to manage any premiership team.

Sack him in the summer. We are going to have serious money come our way this summer, and we should be using it in order to get a top, top manager. We shouldn't be settling for the likes of Martinez with the money at our disposal.

He is already the 6th best paid manager in the Premier League, and the 14th best paid manager in world football, and yet he is taking us to the bottom half. We have an opportunity to attract a really good manager, but at the moment this opportunity is being wasted.
14th highest in WORLD football?

Real, Barcelona, inter, juve, ac Milan, Monaco, psg, bayern, man city, man utd, arsenal, spurs, chelski... And us?

We're missing out on an awful lot of CL on that count...

Seriously.

A total write off of two full 38 game seasons vs. a fluke cup win where you can play lower league opposition all the way if you get lucky. I know which one is the better barometer of managerial capability for me.
Sorry mate, I would just be ecstatic with an FA Cup win, no way I'd want him out after winning it, he'd have my patience for at least the first 10 games of the following season.

I'd do anything to see us win a cup.

1 set of people is getting paid 000s to perform on the pitch
1 set of people is paying a VAST sum of money to watch them perform

I suggest the people that are getting paid, should give the paying public something to cheer for.

I agree. But when the people who are paying that money to go and watch the game, I don't understand why some would choose to boo 3 minutes into a game.

Anyway, suppose that's a discussion for another thread.

I agree. But when the people who are paying that money to go and watch the game, I don't understand why some would choose to boo 3 minutes into a game.

Anyway, suppose that's a discussion for another thread.

Ive heard somebody actually complain at the way we kicked off once, no word of a lie and some lad years ago who used to sit near me had an utter fit if we changed ends and attacked the GSE first.

Sorry mate, I would just be ecstatic with an FA Cup win, no way I'd want him out after winning it, he'd have my patience for at least the first 10 games of the following season.

I'd do anything to see us win a cup.

I didn't say I wouldn't be happy with a cup win; I'm just saying personally it'd still mean 'thank you and goodbye' as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway it's all a pipe dream, we have no chance barring a miracle run against Championship and League 1 sides up to and including Wembley.

60 points would have satisfied me in August. They'd likely need a long unbeaten run to get there now. Don't think there's a way back for me unless he wins an FA Cup over some serious competition (not like Arsenal beating Reading and Villa last year at the end).

Stance: Out

Change: Get the players showing fight. Our tails go down too easily. I want a team that goes out to crush the opposition, and gets mad when things go against them unfairly. Not a team that just gets on with it.

14th highest in WORLD football?

Real, Barcelona, inter, juve, ac Milan, Monaco, psg, bayern, man city, man utd, arsenal, spurs, chelski... And us?

We're missing out on an awful lot of CL on that count...

The wages in the Premier League are utterly unreal, compared to even the biggest teams in other leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back