You're all annoying me a bit now... yes thats including you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the bit where he shook off his £20 million rated international marker with such ease and calmly slotted it past the international net tender.

I'll bet he left the ground thinking, "with this fortuitous streak I best get my lottery on and text the wife's sister a picture of my epididimous"

It was less shook off and more Jagielka being in two minds and leaving him.

That type of error smacks of low confidence. With all the off the field distractions not surprised.

I agree think Moyes would have set up differently if players were available.

We need a winger.

But there is no one more pissed off than Moyes at not winning games. That is the important bit.

But we all know certain posters are looking for things to fly off the handle about.

It was less shook off and more Jagielka being in two minds and leaving him.

That type of error smacks of low confidence. With all the off the field distractions not surprised.

I agree think Moyes would have set up differently if players were available.

We need a winger.

But there is no one more pissed off than Moyes at not winning games. That is the important bit.

But we all know certain posters are looking for things to fly off the handle about.

He wants to try setting out to win them then.

Good on you for your optimism, but you're looking for convenient reasons to explain problems we've been having for years.

We had no penetration, guile, pace or skill in the wide areas. These are all problems we had last season. We didn't solve them, except for when Cahill left for the Asia cup and we were forced to change it up. Moyes however will stick with what he knows until he has to change it. This, factored in with the lack of finances, is the problem.

It's not going to change. Moyes isn't suddenly going to try a 4-3-3 or we're not suddenly going to sign the pacey wide man we need.

Good on you for your optimism, but you're looking for convenient reasons to explain problems we've been having for years.

We had no penetration, guile, pace or skill in the wide areas. These are all problems we had last season. We didn't solve them, except for when Cahill left for the Asia cup and we were forced to change it up. Moyes however will stick with what he knows until he has to change it. This, factored in with the lack of finances, is the problem.

It's not going to change. Moyes isn't suddenly going to try a 4-3-3 or we're not suddenly going to sign the pacey wide man we need.

4-3-3 eh? *Faints at the thought of Everton playing like Barca*

I agree with most of what you said, but I wouldn't be so fast to write this match off as a "hiccup". This is exactly the same old Everton start to a season. We dominate the game, can hardly ever finish, and concede on the smallest, tiniest, most pitiful chance we allow the opposition. It's not just a "C'est la vie" issue anymore

This, this, this.

So many times we fail to beat teams we should. The stats suggest we've dominated, yet at times we looked absolutely hopeless.

Was it "one of those days"? Well, you rarely see Cahill missing from there, and Baines' free kick was oh so close. But there are very good reasons people are concerned, because we've seen these performances and results time and time again. I can only hope we sort it out next week. Not January, not next month; next week.

100% this as well.

We have a strong team. We are definitely a striker short though, we honestly need the Yak to play, because we have no other options. Beckfords nowhere near good enough to be starting on his own - I thought over the season his touch and passing would improve, but it hasn't and you can't play a 4-5-1 if you don't have a quality ball player up top. Part of the blame has to lay at Moyes feet, because that is a quality team who should be playing with a lot more confidence and style. I'm sure our players can touch and pass a lot better than 95% of the QPR team. Sometimes it's like we're just too afraid to try the type of moves that unlock defenses, we rather keep it safe and pass it around until the standard option opens up. Hopefully the Arteta/Baines relationship improves, Barkley starts in the centre with Fellaini and Moyes does something about this striker nonsense, it's actually absurd to go 4-5-1 against QPR at home - that's a formation that looks for a single goal to win the match.

Overall though, I agree with you. We had a strong starting lineup and bench and should have won that game. Cahill missed a sitter and Baines was unlucky to hit the crossbar. I just feel the quality of our players isn't being utilised well enough.

I can't take a thread seriously when the starter posts our team so wrongly!

Rodwell on the right? No thanks

Barkley on the left? In the middle please.

I wouldn't have minded so much if Rodwell was in the middle Barkley on the right and Ossie on the left, then there wouldn't have been such a lacklustre and confused look about our play yesterday.

I don't see why Arteta, Osman and Barkley can't be played as a interchangable 3 behind the striker with Fellaini and Rodwell behind? Makes sense whilst we miss Coleman adding width IMO

Last edited:
I was dissappointed in Moyes decisions really, comepletely out of position players and to keep Cahill on and not include Yak?

Firstly may I congratulate QPR on their first Premier League win since 1997, as fortuitous as it may be.

I've been up for quite some time reading the nonsense put on this forum since the 1-0 loss yesterday afternoon, you'd swear to god that we were 37 league games in and one point from safety.

The fact of the matter is that today we played well, despite the score. 14 shots on goals, 7 on target in comparison to QPRs 4 shots and 3 on target. So that in itself shows that we dominated the game in that aspect. We also edged possession.

You may now be thinking 'Well its the result that matters' which is true, but have a look at the starting 11 that played today.

===================== Beckford ===================
================== Cahill ================== Osman=
=============== Rodwell ======= Barkley =============
===== Baines ================Heitinga ===============
============== Distin ========== Jagielka ======= Neville (c)
===============================================
====================== Howard ====================

You may notice the lack of key players such as Bilyaletdinov, Gueye, Arteta, Fellaini, Saha and Coleman, if these were either fully fit or available to play I'm pretty certain that Moyes wouldn't of set out with that formation or lineup.

======================= Saha =====================
=== Osman =============== Cahill ============ Coleman ===
===============Fellaini ========== Arteta ==============
=== Baines ========== Distin ========= Jagielka ==== Neville (c)=
======================= Howard ====================

Looking at that lineup should excite you as it does me, a team capable of being anyone put in front of them on their day.

We also have a brilliant manager in David Moyes, something we should be trying to keep hold of. Not bashing around when we have a hiccup such as this.

We should of won today, but we didn't.

But it wasn't because we are completely useless, QPR just managed to score a flukey goal where we wasted the many opportunitys that were put infront of us.

It's a Grand Old Team to play for.
It's a Grand Old Team to support.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

i agree with everything you said,i did think this site was a mature site..but this site annoys me more than losing at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back