2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
….but is he better than Simms or even Cannon? It’s a reasonable question asked by some.
He's a better footballer than both from what i've seen but whether he'll end up being more effective and at what level is a different question and we'll only be able to answer that in another few years.

….but is he better than Simms or even Cannon? It’s a reasonable question asked by some.
To which there is no answer as of yet.
I liked both Simms and Cannon.
I also like what I’ve seen of Chermiti.
Based on the (scant) evidence thus far I think he is superior to Simms and at least as promising as Cannon.

We have already highlighted several pieces of play that Beto is simply incapable of.
So those couple of touches trumps Betos goals. A couple of touches?? That is what you have based Chermiti being better than Beto on? Like I say, hopefully he will be better in the long term but as of now I have my reservations.

So those couple of touches trumps Betos goals. A couple of touches?? That is what you have based Chermiti being better than Beto on? Like I say, hopefully he will be better in the long term but as of now I have my reservations.
He came on as a sub in a couple of games towards the end of the season and looked like one of the best players on the pitch for the time he was on. I have never seen Beto do that. Given how much he has improved since he joined and how young he is I am pretty confident he will be a significantly better player than Beto for us next season. You might want to watch him for 40 games before making that assessment but that would be more hindsight than insight.

Younger players that immediately produce goals and sensational attacking moments are probably not going to be at everton currently, as that's a rare type of special player. One that can develop into something is what we can recruit and patience is going to be required. It took Dom a couple seasons to hone his skills and some fans still don't rate him, regardless of that perspective he's still made significant progress over the years and nothing is guaranteed but I think chermiti displays some potential to be a quality player

I don’t think he has shown anywhere near as much as Simms, either in the first team or in the U23’s.
I definitely expect more from Chermiti than Beto though, just by the default of less minutes.

Younger players that immediately produce goals and sensational attacking moments are probably not going to be at everton currently, as that's a rare type of special player. One that can develop into something is what we can recruit and patience is going to be required. It took Dom a couple seasons to hone his skills and some fans still don't rate him, regardless of that perspective he's still made significant progress over the years and nothing is guaranteed but I think chermiti displays some potential to be a quality player

….but within months of joining for £1m DCL was an effective member of the first team. Nobody is expecting the finished article but you want to see him making a contribution, even off the bench.

I really don’t get that ‘young players who are going to immediately produce goals and sensational attacking moments’ are not going to be at Everton. We’ve spent €15m on this lad and I’d be wanting to see him score a goal or produce a ‘sensational moment’, it’s exactly what a young player with PL aspiration does. I’m not for one moment advocating Ellis Simms but that was a sensational goal he scored at Chelsea last season. I’d be a lot happier if Chermiti was demonstrating anything like that.

A lot of Thelwell’s reputation rests on how good Chermiti is. I genuinely hope he’s the real deal but I have my doubts.

Simms I will watch with interest. He started very slowly at Coventry and the season ticket holders I know reckon he looked a bit lost at first. But he grew into the season, developed an understanding with his new team mates and visibly got more confident, or so I'm told. The games I watched on sky bear this out, but they're better positioned to judge.

He may forge a good career as a reliable championship level goal scorer. He may be one of those who develops and ends up back in the Prem a bit later.

Hopefully Chermiti blooms for us. Would be nice to have a scouting win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back