2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Sums it up really.

If anyone watched Burnley in their last 3 games Sheff utd & Brighton all their threat was down the wings. ( Sheff 5-0 Brighton away 1-1 and unlucky agst Wolves.)

He done very well yesterday , some really need to take the blinkers off.

Young would have got raped yesterday.

Don't use that expression you absolute wrong un.

Patterson was okay yesterday admittedly against a very poor team. Definitely some good elements going forward for sure. More to come but wouldn't be surprised if Young or certainly Seamus comes straight back in.

I don't think anyone is denying he still has development to do. It's just there's a disproportionate level of vitriol being aimed at him in some quarters

I think the issue is how much he cost and how clearly inexperienced he was. For a club like us in our financial circumstances a total outlay of some £20m on Patterson was a huge mistake. I agree he has potential and agree he needs to go out on loan in Jan for the good of everybody.

I actually don't think he's that bad defensively at all. He has a good record of winning defensive duels and does a lot of interceptions. I think his problem is his passing is not very accurate and he's prone to the odd rash moment which is what people tend to focus on the most with him. But people tend to forget that basically Tarkowski and Branthwaite are our only defenders who don't have rash moments at the moment. Young, Myko, Keane and Godfrey all do. How many points has Patterson cost us compared to, say, Young and Keane? It's not even close.

I like this lad. Yes, he has lots to learn but he has a bit of spirit about him. He gives us a bit of bite and lots of energy.

Isn't it lovely to wake up of a Sunday and think "I don't hate most of the Everton team". Most weekends I'd have them shot from a cannon into the Irish Sea with lead weights around their ankles. But now, there is something very appealing about many of our players. Maybe it's just basic honesty now that they have a manager who gives them precise instructions about what their jobs are. I can accept the errors these players make now - they are honest mistakes - but they know what they are doing and they commit to their roles. Fair play to Patterson. I like the cut of his jib.

Glad he is getting games and mins the last day and yesterday. That was a very good Burnley left winger and he had some good phases against him. Not so good ones too. I liked what I saw from him more offensively yesterday - I’ve been saying for a while he has that in his locker.

I think more and more people can see and are acknowledging he has developmental and experiential needs to hone his defending. Been saying for a while he needs games week in and week out, lad needs a loan in Jan to really give him and us the best chance next Aug.

No chance he is allowed to go out on loan for the very reason he played yesterday. Coleman and Young between them will not be available week in week out.

If Dyche decides he wants to out him out on loan, he may as well sell him and get a replacement in Jan.

He might get one more game Tuesday to impress Dyche and the coaching staff but will need a worldie performance because the second Coleman or Young are fit, I'd imagine he'll bring them back in.

No chance he is allowed to go out on loan for the very reason he played yesterday. Coleman and Young between them will not be available week in week out.

If Dyche decides he wants to out him out on loan, he may as well sell him and get a replacement in Jan.

He might get one more game Tuesday to impress Dyche and the coaching staff but will need a worldie performance because the second Coleman or Young are fit, I'd imagine he'll bring them back in.

Could be right mate. Though i think Coleman will play in the main for he second half of the season, i think we all will be surprised if he doesnt. Two competing needs in my opinion, one as you say may be squad depth, the second is that Nathan needs games and we need his to have those games when we go reaching for him in August - if we are ever going to to do it we may as well when we have two lads who can play in his position. I think leaving him on the shelf in the main for the second half in the season does nothing for him or us.

Maybe a loan with an option for a recall.

I dont want to loan him out because i think hes rubbish, i want to loan him out to make him better.