6 + 2 Point Deductions

Finally you are going to have something of a discussion.

1. No, I don't see that titles / cups are going to be taken away. Regardless of the finances, the players worked for them and they earned them.
2. Can't see that happening either.

I can see relegation happening, partic. to City given the stance they have taken. European Cup isn't going to be awarded to anyone retrospectively and it shouldn't be.
Do you mean like the 10 points our players worked for and earned?

If the major sponsor was paying a realistic amount for sponsorship and naming rights then we could have just replaced it. We couldn't because Usmanov an absolute monster was propping us up. Many of us warned about it because it was an accident waiting to happen. The posters now whining like a bitch about it are the same ones who looked the other way.

We dismissed Siggurddson immediately and were not paying his wages. The £10m was what we could have sued him for because we lost his transfer value. We can still sue him. So it is absolute nonsense to claim it is mitigation.
That is wrong! We did not dismiss him. He was suspended till the end of his contract.

OK... so let's introduce a cap on transfer spending. You can't do it on wages as it would be unlawful. So essentially wages would go up significantly to entice players.

I agree that certain clubs aren't going to agree.
What unlawful about salary caps?
I’d have thought the EPL putting a cap on total wage expenditures to participate in their competition would be entirely do-able.
Might be unworkable because the golden gooses would be off to a super league in a heart beat, but can’t foresee any legal issues.

What unlawful about salary caps?
I’d have thought the EPL putting a cap on total wage expenditures to participate in their competition would be entirely do-able.
Might be unworkable because the golden gooses would be off to a super league in a heart beat, but can’t foresee any legal issues.
Think these articles explain things better than I can or have time to :

Think you need to think things through a bit more. All very well and good saying get rid of the PL institution because you may be angry, but without it, we don't have the best league in the world. I don't know if you were around pre PL days but football was dying. Attendances were down and there was huge apathy for the game. Part of this were the social issues of the day but like it or hate it, the PL reinvigorated the game.

As a result, huge money then materialised as the football product in Engand became highly sought after. This then enabled clubs to grow and become bigger. Some took huge gambles and were successful and many failed and put themselves in real danger.

The football landscape has now changed where you don't have wealthy single owners owning clubs at the top level anymore and that is starting to filter down the leagues. You mention various factors and nations but the big threat is coming from American ownership who really do want to change our game to one they understand. It won't be long until the first Prem. game is played outside of England and my money would be on America, partic. coming up to the World Cup.

So no, it doesn't need abolishing IMO. It needs a clean up and it needs proper deterrents putting in place for those that choose to violate the rules.
I get the element of positive stuff which the Premier Lge did but im convinced its an organisation bent on sustaining the ‘status quo’. At least in the 70s it was more even, id say much better atmosphere also, and only working class people which is a huge plus. In any organisation, politics etc where coin is at stake you get elites selling the family silver, monopolising power.

Think these articles explain things better than I can or have time to :

Basically says it’s unworkable rather than illegal, states there’s already one in Rugby Union.

I just cant see how suing the club could be proven as the reason another club dropped. I may be wrong, but plenty of clubs have been done for financial stuff over the years. I cannot recall a single time other clubs have sued for recompense. Did Celtic sue Rangers for half a dozen SPLs? Or Juventus by other Italian teams?
I know west ham were sued by Stoke when they went down but was settled outside of court