6 + 2 Point Deductions

So basically - We had a good week on the pitch and therefore decided that the deduction was fair

The latest in a long line of baffling decisions by Everton Football Club
It was probably due to the cost associated with defending it and the potential points increase that could've been handed out.

It also demonstrates that we haven't run up unnecessary time and energy with the appeal process which should be a persuasive factor at our next hearing.

It's a sensible decision.

It was probably due to the cost associated with defending it and the potential points increase that could've been handed out.

It also demonstrates that we haven't run up unnecessary time and energy with the appeal process which should be a persuasive factor at our next hearing.

True and I'd imagine that Forest getting nothing back indicated that we wouldn't either.

So is the hearing of our stadium spend that was due to be held at a different time now gonna be held next season now? So we may be looking at failing another accounting period ( I can’t see is pulling the money back we were over from the previous accounting period) and a deduction for that and maybe a deduction as well depending on the findings they didn’t discuss around the stadium issue plus maybe if things are as dire as some are making out we may get a points deduction for administration.
Being an Everton fan is damn hard work 😂. I was hoping to maybe lose the pig sick feeling at every game but I think that may continue for the foreseeable.

Why do you think points could have been added? The prem didn’t appeal the decision because they were happy with the outcome and the amount of points deducted. Meaning the appeals board wouldn’t have to listen to counter arguments from the prem’s lawyers to look for reasons to increase the points during the hearing.

We appealed for being too high so the IC only had 1 remit, hearing our argument and potentially reducing the amount. If they didn’t agree with those arguments then the penalty would stay the same.
Agreed, but as often as I have also tried to explain this it doesn’t seem to be sinking in with some

It couldn’t have handed out a points increase

When finances outweigh morals - the end is nigh