777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did ask this few a hours ago...What happens to Genoa and the likes? Am sure the other clubs will be watching very closely.

It’s like banks mate, contagion applies depending on exposure and your needs for capital at source.

Bigger question, is what happens us when they can’t meet our cash call, we’re prob their biggest requirement for capital in the group.

Except that 777re is the reinsurer for ACAP!!! It’s a sketchy situation. Ultimately ACAP is so invested in 777 that they won’t push any default that they can avoid or restructure.
Odd how life works. I didn't have a clue what career path to take once I realised I wasn't going to make it onto journalism. I sort of stumbled into working for a firm of insurance brokers in The City (of London, that is). What department? Reinsurance of course.

That won’t happen. Investing in players has proven a bad investment. The ground is another matter entirely. It’s physically going to exist, it will generate revenue and it will increase in value as an asset in a wonderful location. Moshiri will ensure the ground is built as this is his only guaranteed asset…imo obviously…….
If he is out of money he is out of money. I don’t think he puts in another penny. Branthwaite and Onana will both go but that still won’t be enough

Is there likely to be anyone crawl out of the woodwork and instantly demand the 200 million 777 have given us so far?

Depends on the loan agreement and what happens next - if they went into administration, an administrator would look at who owes them money, but unlikely to be recovered from us I’d say given apart from Moshiri they are our least senior debt, what security if any, they have depends on the loan agreement.

This is sort of true with 777 and sort of not. The layering of the business lets them invest reinsurance pools into other 777 ventures. They use those investments on a varied portfolio of investments which include their sporting acquisitions.

But it also is a structure limited by cash flow. They don’t have a steady income stream, rather they have to wait for premiums to replenish the reinsurance pool and then shift those to investment arms of the business.

To mitigate their cash flow issues, they borrow on lines of credit. This works while profits are coming in, and doesn’t work when they overextend or an investment tanks and they have to eat a loss.
With reinsurance you should have to have the ability to actually pay the inevitable claims and that usually means the investments are fairly liquid. It appears that 777 isn't really worried about that since they seem to have the ability to keep borrowing more. But that always has an expiration date when the banks cut you off. Probably a decent chance they file for bankruptcy before ever becoming financially secure.

Is there likely to be anyone crawl out of the woodwork and instantly demand the 200 million 777 have given us so far?
Someone could take over the debt. They won’t be able to collect for the same reason 777 can’t-there’s no cash in the club. Filing Administration against the club would be pointless, given their position as an unsecured creditor they likely won’t see a dime.