2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could argue that but Danjuma is a left sided forward, Young is a wingback and Garner is a central midfielder and if you put them on the right wing we'd be light in those other positions. I'm all for the Iwobi sale but we've got to bring in a right sided player if he goes.
Pretty sure Danjuma is actually comfortable in all 3 positions across the front and has a decent g/a record from the right, when he has played there.

Because he's the only other player that's shown any ability to play there.

So again, if he goes, we are very close to relying on Tyler Onyango in there.

One of Doucoure, Gana or Onana is going to drop to the bench so one of them would be cover. Garner will also be in the reckoning if required. So you have 4 players for 2 positions. We were never dropping huge money on an upgrade this window.

Winning the league and qualifying for Europe plus him winning the balon d'Or
Yeh, forgot about those, what a player! Or,What! A player?
You could argue that but Danjuma is a left sided forward, Young is a wingback and Garner is a central midfielder and if you put them on the right wing we'd be light in those other positions. I'm all for the Iwobi sale but we've got to bring in a right sided player if he goes.
I don’t like the sound of this, Iwobi’s not staying is he? Ah come on the best bit of news I’ve heard in a long time and it could be false news!

Doucoure is one of the worst CM's I've ever seen, may as well give up a 3-0 defeat.

Gomes will not be used.
Are Gana and Doucoure going to be away for AFCON?
So when we are in the midst of a relegation battle at the turn of the year we'll have 2/3 of our CM missing and be playing a Gomes/Onana/Onyango triangle of death

Yeh, forgot about those, what a player! Or,What! A player?

I don’t like the sound of this, Iwobi’s not staying is he? Ah come on the best bit of news I’ve heard in a long time and it could be false news!
Oh, we should 100% sell him, particularly for the money mooted, but we have to use that money to improve the squad in that position. Iwobi is dross but he starts every game when fit, that tells you everything about the alternatives we have.

Doucoure is one of the worst CM's I've ever seen, may as well give up a 3-0 defeat.

Gomes will not be used.
Why would gomes not be used...we have to pay his hefty wages anyhow, so why not use him when we need. I know that it will take probably a miracle for him to ever be dyche fit, but if there are no other options, there is no other choice. Plus players on their last year of contract tend to do well for us....wondering why is that 🤔

Why would gomes not be used...we have to pay his hefty wages anyhow, so why not use him when we need. I know that it will take probably a miracle for him to ever be dyche fit, but if there are no other options, there is no other choice. Plus players on their last year of contract tend to do well for us....wondering why is that 🤔
Dyche used to use players like Jack Cork and josh Brownhill at Burnley. Surely the players we have at Everton are an upgrade on them

Status
Not open for further replies.