Aston Villa vs Everton - 2nd April 8PM KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning lads,

what a start we are hammering villa!
I hope like barry horne just said, I hope we bury villa now secure the 3pts early on.

Excellent first half. Should've had a pen for a clear foul on AJ. Arteta is playing out of his skin. Could do with another goal soon after HT to kill them off. COYB

Excellent first hald, just hope we dont do our usual thing of trying to defend deep and sit on the league second half. When we have been forcing the play and attacking Villa have been vunerable.

Vaughan has been fantastic. Keep at them lad.

My prediction for the second half was right, we sat back and conceded the late equaliser.

Still, we could have got beat. We need to get our tails up for the games on the weekend. And we need Fernandes back, anyone know if he will make it. We needed him to control the pace in the middle during the second half.

God that was frustrating. We were so good in the first half but the second was a horror show. Osman lacked any penetration in the second half. Neville had one of his worst games for us and couldn't get on the end of any of the knock downs from Carew. Add in our lack of ability in keeping any kind of posession and we just invited wave after wave of attack on to us.

Having said all of this of course it was a fine first half and we should have had one of the most obvious penalties I've ever seen. Quite how Howard Webb failed to give that I'll never know. 2-0 up would have been the game over.

Lost a great opportunity to get in amongst the UEFA places though.

First half we did alright, Arteta was outstanding, but second half you just knew Villa were going to score, you could see it coming, to be honest after they equalised i just wanted the final whistle to blow as it would have been no surprise for Villa to get another.

well, that was a knee in the bollocks similar to the one vaughan got.

i thought the ref had a good first half, i was impressed with how he dealt with both sides players when he made decisions and he appeared to get most calls right - so good was he that i forgave him the penalty miss.

i dont know which kopite scumpile got to him at halftime, but the referee in the second half wasnt the same one from the first. I have a question, why wasnt carew eventually booked for persistent fouling? how many times does arteta have to be clattered into before he gets some protection? why was every villa player allowed to get hold of vaughan?

howard webb (whichever was the ref in the second half), i hope someone blinds your children. [Poor language removed]!

first half we were magnificent, second half villa upped their game and with the referee enabling them, they pressured from kick off.

again we are left to rue another stonewall penalty that again isnt given, but "johnson is a diver" and the sun shines out of gerrards backside.

special mention goes out to Howard that looked invincible, lescott did us proud and for his first half skills arteta, cars also gets a shout for being everywhere villa looked to pressure.

my MOTM - howard, kept the game respectable in the face of utter adversity 11 vs 12 when the 12 are armed with a whistle must be quite daunting.

bring on fulham and the simon davies show on friday, live on sky, i wonder which inept or corrupt referee we will get for that game.

Much as you have to admire Howard, he gets some blame for the goal - a more courageos first attempt (arms instead of feet) probably does not cough up the soft rebound to Agbonlahor.

But certainly (yet again) the missed penalty call ultimately cost us the game. 2-0 and there's no way back for Villa. If that's outside the box, Webb gives a free and a yellow for sure - tackle from behind.

Very disappointing. But we're still in a decent position for Europe.

Once again we are denied a clear cut penalty, AJ was blatantly tackled from behind, two up and you felt that Villa's heads would drop and there would have been no way back for them.
The Sky commentator actually said that AJ got up too quickly, but after all the [Poor language removed] that he has had to put up with regarding being a cheat how else is he going to react !!
A [Poor language removed] penalty if ever there was one, absolutely no doubt about it.

Once again we are denied a clear cut penalty, AJ was blatantly tackled from behind, two up and you felt that Villa's heads would drop and there would have been no way back for them.
The Sky commentator actually said that AJ got up too quickly, but after all the [Poor language removed] that he has had to put up with regarding being a cheat how else is he going to react !!
A [Poor language removed] penalty if ever there was one, absolutely no doubt about it.

As the dust settles all in all there were a lot of positives from te game, yeahit was a kick in nukies conceading late in the second half but the performence in the first half and at times in the second was some of the best football ive seen form an everton team in a long time! More Importantly that football was coming from young developing players of real quality, at times Arteta, Vaghan, Lescott, Howard were magnficent dont forget how old this four are. We definitely missed Fernandes composure, fluencey and ability to pick out that impossible ball.

Neville was poor as was ossie who has been out of form for quite a while now both were a liability last night and gave the ball away slopply to often. Having said that you couldnt fault the desire and attitude of any of the players. We should have had a penalty and you have to wonder would we be in the champions leauge by now if wed gotton every stone waller were due.

We are all dissapointed, and rightly so the performance should always be analysed as to what went wrong when a lead is conceaded. But look at it this way if we had been the ones who had equalised late on it wouldnt have felt like such a bad result. But hey thats football.

Lets face it were always saying our next game is a must win game, and always in the build up they are but neither us, Spurs or Bolton are going to win every point before now and the end of the season. you have to be content with an away draw, and our current position at this stage of the season with our superior goal difference.

Its all still in our own hands and if we beat fulham we can go fifth on goal difference ahead of our game against Bolton on Mon. Very much still in our own hands and ours to loose.

last nights performance conveyed what we need more than anything in the transfer window two good wingers!

Realiticly were talking four wins between now and the end of the season to be certain?

Last edited:
A tale of two halves, why oh why cannot we not put these games to bed? We should be winning these without relying on getting a penalty or not. According to the info before the game we had no injuries problems so where was Fernandes? Instead we push Nevile and Osman in to the middle, hands up who would have preferred to see Fernandes there instead of either of them, not even on the bench yet BT was!! Also notice Valente was on the bench but no room for him because Moyes wants to keep Stubbs in there, noticed though some times when he was caught puffing. Moyes seemed to playing a game of hang on to the lead, where have we had that before and got suckered by a late goal.

Two points lost that is the summary of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.