Everton 2-0 Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
That seven points out of nine you'd all wished off Santa isn't going to happen, but anything less than a win here and residents of L4 are going to feel the earth between their feet move with the collective boo.

We're playing some nice stuff again, super, it would have been easier for Everton to fold when Sunderland scored but they then went onto dominate them for the rest of the game. I think Tim Howard has forgot what a clean sheet is, not his fault and that save he done from the header in the second half becomes absolutely massive - thanks to the Belgians late lash. Our success on recent years has been built on not conceding and we have to get back into that habit as Jagielka looks as far away from the first team as he done in April it seems.

This is our most Victorian looking fixture of the season, and probably the one where you'd think three points all over the show, similar to what you thought seeing Birmingham and Wolves at home too. And Stoke. To put it simply - we have to win it, no hardlines acceptable as we need some of those points things and quickly to help our inspired march to fourteenth place.

I make no apologies, I know not a lot about Burnley other than they beat us earlier this season when Saha hit a really [Poor language removed] penalty and played some nice stuff in that game. Owen Coyle seems a nice chap and his stock is high as they are keeping us company hovering above the relegation zone. Was anyone surprised at the bad war between them and Blackburn? Presumably battling for the title of "shittest town full of wools in the world", Leigh might want to have a say in that but they're [Poor language removed] at football.

Athletico L4 will presumably line up similar to the Sunderland game, maybe Moyes will rest Cahill who, love him as I do, needs some time off to regain his knack of scoring important boss goals. I still think that Hibbert would start if he reported for the game with trench foot so you'd be hoping that in this game we find some attacking threat from the right hand side, you can help too Bily if you like. At 2-0 up this game would have "Neville on for the last twenty minutes" all over it but perhaps it's a game too soon. What's really bothering us now is that we've gone a bit impotent in the final third despite our quite lovely build up play. Saha/Yakubu need a goal to get firing so here's hoping.

Enjoy the Turkey butties and the crisp feel on those brand new Next socks/underwear you got a little thrill from putting on this morning, and since this is the final game of a rather pah 2009, Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

Last edited:
We need to win. I would like to see some changes too, Coleman and Yakubu should start ahead of Saha and Hibbert.

is cahill going to be fit for this one?

as i still cant find anything about why he didnt play today!

For the love of god play this

24.Howard
31.Coleman
5.heitinga
23.Neill
3.Baines
18.Neville
20.Pienaar
21.Osman
7.Bilyaletdinov
14.Vaughan
22.Yakubu

I think saha is injured and cahill desperately needs a rest

subs: Fellaini,Nash,Baxter,Agard,Akpan,Hibbert,Duffy

24.Howard
31.Coleman
5.heitinga
23.Neill
3.Baines
18.Neville
20.Pienaar
21.Osman
7.Bilyaletdinov
14.Vaughan
22.Yakubu

are you crazy??!

For me he's too lightweight and loses the ball far too cheaply far too often! Pienaar's lightweight too but he possesses the skills and fancy footwork to create magic!

24.Howard
31.Coleman
5.heitinga
23.Neill
3.Baines
18.Neville
20.Pienaar
21.Osman
7.Bilyaletdinov
14.Vaughan
22.Yakubu

No Fellaini?! He's been one of our best players recently....

No Fellaini?! He's been one of our best players recently....

tbh mate,i differ you on that..yeah he heads it well but what else apart from that? he was lucky to be at the right place at the right time to smash it home today but apart from a few 10 yards pass he can't do much more..he also needs a stick. He's a quality player though just like cahill but needs rest and i dont want those niggling fouls atm giving cheap freekicks..neville's a better leader nad a good tackler in the midfield than fellaini

tbh mate,i differ you on that..yeah he heads it well but what else apart from that? he was lucky to be at the right place at the right time to smash it home today but apart from a few 10 yards pass he can't do much more..he also needs a stick. He's a quality player though just like cahill but needs rest and i dont want those niggling fouls atm giving cheap freekicks..neville's a better leader nad a good tackler in the midfield than fellaini

You don't deserve eyes.

He's been really good over the last few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.