Everton and Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

No, I’m laughing at you even mentioning a potential refereeing conspiracy against Everton. The referring has been bad, but that’s as far as it goes.

It’s the protocols and the fact our league’s referees are rubbish.
There no way that Utd/RS/Chelsea would have the reffing we had in the last 2 games.
Burnley did 2 red card tackles and didn’t even get booked, one wasn’t even givin as a foul
Today a studs up challenge. No card, grey pulled back, no foul given, clear foul.

Didn’t effect the scores nor do I think it a conspiracy. It’s very worrying.

For the second game in a row we had some terrible decisions go against us. I know we said it in the past but this is blatantly bad reffing, 2 tackles on Richy, Mings studs up, Gray pulled back.

Do we think it’s the new protocols or just targeting Everton
The standard of refs has been awful for years, no conspiracy but doesn’t make it any less frustrating. Was it the world cup or euros a few years ago that there was no English refs, says it all.

For the second game in a row we had some terrible decisions go against us. I know we said it in the past but this is blatantly bad reffing, 2 tackles on Richy, Mings studs up, Gray pulled back.

Do we think it’s the new protocols or just targeting Everton
Mings always gets away with it...probably cause he's an international now...similar to maguire...

There no way that Utd/RS/Chelsea would have the reffing we had in the last 2 games.
Burnley did 2 red card tackles and didn’t even get booked, one wasn’t even givin as a foul
Today a studs up challenge. No card, grey pulled back, no foul given, clear foul.

Didn’t effect the scores nor do I think it a conspiracy. It’s very worrying.
The referees are still adapting to this 'light touch' policy and until they've ironed it out then there'll be issues like this; well, that and getting decent referees.

Looking at VAR and how that took a while to really become correctly implemented, and it's still not perfect. I also feel that people are getting carried way.

In terms of Burnley, for me the infamous Richarlison tackle by Mee was a yellow and nothing more. Wrongly, we got nothing for it, but it's not a red.

Yet, Struijk got sent off for a tackle that wasn't a red, while Son did a similar tackle (in fact, worse due to the vengeance) and his ban as repealed.

The real issue here is the inconsistency. You're right, some clubs might not have got those decisions, but I sincerely don't think it's intentional bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.