Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Leicester or West Ham written all over him ☹☹

He could look at Leicester and see how Soumaré's career has stalled there so far. As for West Ham, they look increasingly likeky to sign Flynn Downes from Swansea. I doubt they would go for both unless Rice is leaving of course.

If that’s the case then basically his future rests on whether he plays Coleman or Patterson at right wing back.

Given he chose not to play Coleman at right wing back at all last season, despite playing with wing backs, I can't imagine he'll see that as an option

If we play with wing backs, I would assume Patterson or Iwobi are the more likely candidates

Mykolenko on the other side still doesn't look like a natural wing back to me. More of a full back

I think the problem we have right now is any player worth their salt will have multiple premier league suitors. There is currently very few clubs we can compete with for the profile of player we want to attract (younger high potential).

If you are the agent of one of these players you would be directing them towards Crystal Palace, Brighton, Southampton etc.. These clubs have an environment which gives these players the best chance to develop

If you look at us in recent seasons outside of Gordon we have not really given youth a chance. We are a very unstable football club and the environment is high pressure because the demands of the supporters are high compared to some of these other teams

Sadly we are much more likely to sign Sky 6 cast offs like Winks and Lingard. It is going to be a difficult cycle to get out of.

I suspect Tarkowski only joined us because he wanted to say in the North west. Sad times

In the last few years mate, we have developed (as young players)
Gordon
Richarlison
DCL
Stones
Lukaku
Barkley
Holgate
Pickford

Etc etc. Theres been a lot of duds too, but tbe idea we havent taken and improved younger players is untrue.

We have a manager who is committed to playing young players now, who is a lot bigger name than Brighton or Southamptons manager, and probably even more so than Palace.

If we want to move into that space, people will soon us over the teams you have mentioned. We are a bigger club, with a more known manager, with an equivalent ability to develop a young player if they are good enough.

No, apart from Onana he mainly talked about Dennis(interesting he added that he could be available for 18m) Broja, and MGW. Winks was mentioned but we didn't want to add an obligation in the loan so we have walked away for now. Gomes and Mina available but nobody matching our valuation yet.
What valuation of Gomes ? Take anything please :) !!!

I think the problem we have right now is any player worth their salt will have multiple premier league suitors. There is currently very few clubs we can compete with for the profile of player we want to attract (younger high potential).

If you are the agent of one of these players you would be directing them towards Crystal Palace, Brighton, Southampton etc.. These clubs have an environment which gives these players the best chance to develop

If you look at us in recent seasons outside of Gordon we have not really given youth a chance. We are a very unstable football club and the environment is high pressure because the demands of the supporters are high compared to some of these other teams

Sadly we are much more likely to sign Sky 6 cast offs like Winks and Lingard. It is going to be a difficult cycle to get out of.

I suspect Tarkowski only joined us because he wanted to say in the North west. Sad times
I think it was because we offered the biggest signing on bonus...

Just listened to that bobble pod sounds like we can't afford to pay much up front on deals again hence we are going to be waiting and waiting again. Broja and or MGW sound the closest but still all about how the deals are structured and whether they choose us. Good to hear we are going for more physical DMs mind you.
Which pod was it mate? Cant seem to find it.

I am not saying it can’t be retrieved but it will take minimum 2 seasons. I will give you a couple of examples. Broja and MGW. Neither will end up here IMO.

West Ham are interested in Broja. West Ham are a stable club in London that have extra games through conference league football and their own senior striker is in the twighlight of his career.

Crystal Palace are interested in MGW. Crystal Palace can sell MGW the Gallagher blueprint. They play the same position and are the same age. Gallagher went to Palace had an excellent season (tailed off at the end) and broke into the England squad.

I suspect we will end up with the dregs that there is less interest in. Winks, Dennis and Gilmour

Sorry mate but if we matched any offer palace made the player would come here. We had one of our worst seasons in history an utter car crash in every single regard - palace where lauded as having a great season, they finished a whopping four places higher and won the same amount of games as us.

One season doesn't change the landscape of where agents navigate their clients towards.

West Ham currently are slightly more attractive - barely - a bad sesson for them and decent one for us would see the pecking order back where it's been for decades.

As an example of how profile of club matters - count up the amount of media articles on each club on an average day, media print stories based on clicks,

Status
Not open for further replies.