Match Thread Everton v Sheffield Utd - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just seen Robinson shove DCL over, yellow card

I also remember doucoure doing the same to kane and getting a straight red
I said that yesterday when it happened, it is so subjective, that the view can be 'its something of nothing" all the way to "you just can't raise your arms like that in the modern game" then check the club badge/player's name to see which end of the scale you go to.

Anyone know the events of the yellow card for DCL?
Looked nailed on red card and then our player follows theirs into the book.
The events leading to DCL's yellow were as follows; The prem appointed another god awful referee from their endless supply of god awful referees.

I've actually no idea if Dom deserved a yellow or not. He might have called the ref a Luton fan or something.

Should have been a red for Robinson.

Was nice to see us get another three points, and another clean sheet, at home. Dominic Calvert-Lewin was MotM for me today; thought he put in a very good shift.
Yeah. Looks like he's just coming into form as the season's ending. Ball's starting to stick, he's dragging the defenders around and bullying them. He's the type who needs to be in tip top physical condition to be at his best. Hopefully his injuries are completely behind him and he can carry this form into next season.

IMG_8980.jpeg

The events leading to DCL's yellow were as follows; The prem appointed another god awful referee from their endless supply of god awful referees.

I've actually no idea if Dom deserved a yellow or not. He might have called the ref a Luton fan or something.

Should have been a red for Robinson.

…apparently booked for ‘adopting an aggressive stance’. Robinson is a dog of a player, I wouldn’t trust him going into a 50/50 but he’s not the only one at Sheff Utd.

5 home league wins in a row, our best run since winning 6 between March - Aug 2019 - the 1st 5 of those games that run in 2019, we never conceded either. You couldnt ask for much more before this run, though we are always gready and want more. A lesser scoreline than i expected, but as always the win at any cost is what matters. you dont get extra points for scoring more goals
I felt the same as you, satisfied with a worry free game and another victory, yes it could have been better but wins like this have kept us up and in such a traumatic season on and off the field I think Sean Dyche has done a tremendous job. My MOTM was Gana Gueye again, what energy all over the pitch and for every minute he was on it, I’m a big fan of Dominic Calvert Lewin so don’t begrudge him getting the top marks on here, I hope we keep him.