2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Realistically I don't see how it can rocket much more. Partly because the fees being mentioned are already really high and partly because he's not going to show much here next season that he hasn't shown already it would be different if we were in Europe or if we were going to play like City light and he could show a side people hadn't seen but just doing the same thing again isn't going to increase his value much.
Yeah. Mostly because I do not see that we would necessarily get what we think he is worth. Will also likely break into the England squad proper in the next 12 months. He could go for £80m next year. Not sure he will break £50m this year.

Also once stadium is built PSR might be easier for us and not a fire sale.

(But you might be right)

Totally get that way of looking at it. I just disagree.

He's ridiculously good on the ball and we play long. £80m would also be a world record for a 21 year old CB, more than de Ligt who was a CL semi-finalist when he went from Ajax to Juventus.

A bit of perspective is needed. I love him. I hate we are in a position where i'd consider selling. But £80m for him would be a deal we must (and will) take.

De Ligt was an Ajax player proven in their system but not in a top league.

He wasnt signed by a premier league team, but Juventus who are in a lesser league in terms of financials and also are slow paced in comparison to the premier.

He was not a homegrown player so that value would be added plus this was 5 years ago and fees have increased since then.

We never get big fees anymore, and also everyone knows we are struggling financially, I think he will go for something daft like £40m. We aren't in a strong bargaining position unless Onana is sold for big money first.

Just drilling down into his holistic stats.

Absolutely awesome, we'd be mugs to sell him, generational player.

Thats it ;)

People should be thinking how we improve without selling him and finding the quality in others unfortunate circunstances to find the best talent for our team.

Not selling Branthwaite. Hes worth watching the games for.

I know he only signed a new contract back in October, but his stock has risen substantially since then and we should be showing him that he's deemed a crucial part of not only our now, but our future too.

Give him Dele Alli's salary once he's gone.

We should be telling him that he's got a really good chance of taking over the armband in a few years at the new stadium, and the team will be built around him

If we fail him after a year or two at the new place, there will be an exit clause in the contract to allow him to fulfil his ambitions at a more successful club.

Why can't we slap a 6-year contract on the table and offer him a chance to become a genuine Everton legend?

I actually think the stadium being a year off should improve our chances of keeping him - unless he's pushed out to pay the bills and start paying what's owed for the abysmal Beto.

Imagine watching Jarrad in five years marshaling the Real Madrid defence, Jude Bellingham in front of him, and realising that one of the main reasons he wasn't just sold, but rather pushed out of the club was so that we could start paying for one of the worst strikers we've ever had.

Please just sell Onana instead ffs.

Thats it ;)

People should be thinking how we improve without selling him and finding the quality in others unfortunate circunstances to find the best talent for our team.

Not selling Branthwaite. Hes worth watching the games for.

He really is. Hes one of the best players we have ever produced. Absolute generational talent.

With a cold eye on it, even if you treated him as an investment, turning every one down point blank this summer, means he appreciates, he will go up 25 million every season we keep him in my opinion. I don't care how we do it and im realistic about our financial situation. But we need to do it.

Just on the financial planning side, Jarrods a bolter, there is no way we said to ourselves last year, we can sell Jarrod for 80 mill if we need to - so there definitely has to be some way of a contingency in financial planning.........the worry is we are to lazy.

Would be absolutely criminal if he goes on the cheap before the end of June.

Its soul destroying watching Gordon, Richalrilison and to an extent Barkley, even Robinson - playing well and improving other clubs mate.

Im sick of it, selling our best to improve others, and being serfs - at some point we need to say no and try and build something.

Have a pair Everton.