New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not really.
This stadium remains an expensive mistake that could blight our future for many years to come, regardless of its architectural significance.
Not really
That all depends what sort of clout any future new owners have.
The dynamics change massively with a cash rich owner and a huge stadium naming rights deal.

Problem is as always finding the right owners.

Time will tell. I think it might mean we finally get the calibre of owner we have hoped for. I also think a few years in, we'll realise we should have done it decades ago. In other words, Kenwright's totally selfish reasons for not securing the King's Dock will be laid bare as the idiocy of an egomaniac even more. Just my opinion/prediction of course.
The Kings Dock debacle will be seen as the moment Everton’s future was terminally damaged.
This stadium is the right idea at the wrong time.
It only worked as long as we had an owner willing to absorb the cost or at least to defray it.
Simply , we cannot afford it without an owner to underwrite it.
Too much stadium with too little money and too late in our story.

Not really
That all depends what sort of clout any future new owners have.
The dynamics change massively with a cash rich owner and a huge stadium naming rights deal.

Problem is as always finding the right owners.
Problem is Moshiri isn’t looking for the ‘right owners’ he is just looking for anyone willing to take the mess off his hands , he has no concern about the future ramifications for the club or it’s supporters.

Problem is Moshiri isn’t looking for the ‘right owners’ he is just looking for anyone willing to take the mess off his hands , he has no concern about the future ramifications for the club or it’s supporters.
That depends who are willing to buy .

Now we are safe from relegation it could change dramatically.
Fwiw I have Zero faith in 777 or even MSP, it has to be a cash rich buyer.

The stadium has to work for the club , not the club work for the stadium.
End of the day a new stadium had to happen , it opens so many new doors , whereas staying at Goodison we keep festering ....had to happen.

The Kings Dock debacle will be seen as the moment Everton’s future was terminally damaged.
This stadium is the right idea at the wrong time.
It only worked as long as we had an owner willing to absorb the cost or at least to defray it.
Simply , we cannot afford it without an owner to underwrite it.
Too much stadium with too little money and too late in our story.
I disagree. But agree that not moving to the KD was a disaster. Terminal? Nah. Football was around a long time before me and you and will see us out. Who knows what the future holds for EFC? The future is unwritten.

Apparently, due to the euros, we are going to increase capacity by c10k quite quickly.

So we’ll be >60k within 2 years of moving.
If anything the capacity goes down with the extra space needed for tbe amount of journalists/media facilities in the stands at the euros. We won’t be increasing the capacity in the near future.