Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the season it was apparent that less than 30 points would be enough to stay up. And so it’s proven to be. Horrific standard of promoted teams. Then City winning the league again. All very boring.
The only reason both ends weren’t wrapped up weeks ago was points deductions and Arsenal performing way above expectation for the squad they have. The gulf has never been bigger

The only reason both ends weren’t wrapped up weeks ago was points deductions and Arsenal performing way above expectation for the squad they have. The gulf has never been bigger
There is no reason City can’t be challenged by 3 or 4 clubs if they get their act together. I actually think Arsenal will kick on and win the title next season. United have spent far more than City over the last 5 years and have operated with a higher wage bill. Sadly for us I expect the relegation battle to be more competitive next season

There is no reason City can’t be challenged by 3 or 4 clubs if they get their act together. I actually think Arsenal will kick on and win the title next season. United have spent far more than City over the last 5 years and have operated with a higher wage bill. Sadly for us I expect the relegation battle to be more competitive next season
Dunno mate, I think 11v11 teams can come close but the quality of the squad and the depth city has is why they’ll come out on top again
I’m not concerned about the quality of who’s coming up, this won’t be the same Leicester coming back up without Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans etc. and Ipswich were league 1 last season!
Our season depends on how this summer and our ownership goes and who can predict that?

It would have been totally wrong for any other team than the current bottom 3 to go down. They have all been rubbish, albeit to different levels, and absolutely don't deserve to stay up.

It just shows how bad they have been that we could have been safe losing 20 points never mind 8.

The league is effectively broken into 4 distinct groups. Apart from a few clubs that have moved across the boundaries I think most of us would have picked the top, European, Mid table and bottom end with quite a degree of certainty (ignoring points deductions).

Could we point at the teams at the bottom next season right now. I think we could

Turning point was getting that late penalty at Newcastle. Were sleepwalking to a 1-0 defeat but Dummett just deciding to WWE Young when the cross was nowhere near him was that little spark to get everything going again.

Good shout that. We really should have been 2 or 3 behind at that point. Plus it got DCL up and running again and back amongst the goals.

The league is effectively broken into 4 distinct groups. Apart from a few clubs that have moved across the boundaries I think most of us would have picked the top, European, Mid table and bottom end with quite a degree of certainty (ignoring points deductions).

Could we point at the teams at the bottom next season right now. I think we could

what you mean

Earlier in the season it was apparent that less than 30 points would be enough to stay up. And so it’s proven to be. Horrific standard of promoted teams. Then City winning the league again. All very boring.

I think some of that is a knock on affect of the PSR. Last summer and when you look at the January window, no one really went mad with signings. Sheffield Utd sold some of their best players. In previous seasons we have seen teams that have come up spend big, to try and stay up, like Forrest did and teams in the bottom 6 in January spend a fair bit as well.

I think it will be the same next season. The Premier league need to fix it or the league will become the same as all the other European leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.