Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can we remember that naturally we are on 45 points right now. We have problems but we are not one of the worst teams in this league
45 points with a giant cloud over the season since the 10 points deducted. People don't seem to realise how horrendous that must have been in the camp, especially when we were looking to have a normal season for once. We can slate our players all we want but they showed great mentality this season.

be harder tho nxt season? wel be weaker at the back and if he plays keane as we’ve sold braithwaite then we won’t have second best defence!
Who knows what next season will look like. Yes we will lose a player or two but so will others. Who knows who the replacements will be but we know we have a manager who can grind results out of whatever he has to work with, even if it isn't the prettiest.

Brentford are beneath us on points and will likely sell Toney.
Forest are beneath us on points and will likely sell Gibbs-White and / or Murillo for PSR.
Palace beneath us on points and will likely sell Olise and Eze.
Even Brighton are (currently) beneath us on points and may well sell the likes of Mitoma. They are low-key actually not that great.

Anything can happen next year. Relax and enjoy your summer.

45 points with a giant cloud over the season since the 10 points deducted. People don't seem to realise how horrendous that must have been in the camp, especially when we were looking to have a normal season for once. We can slate our players all we want but they showed great mentality this season.

I've said before this season is one of the hardest to work out of all the recent struggles.

21/22 the decent start under FSW wasn't fooling everyone and it was inevitable things would go wrong although maybe not to the extent of being 18th going into the May.

And last season I think everyone expected a long hard struggle from start to finish and it pretty much turned out like that with a horrible mid season run at Goodison.

This season can be broken into four parts, 1 point from the first 5 games. Then a mad away winning streak and overall 7 wins and a draw in 10 games which pretty much nullified the first points deduction. Then the longest winless run since the Walker days. Then after just 3 home wins in six months winning four straight at Goodison without conceding one goal.

I think in these relegation battles that's always the positive, the club can get crucial home wins when it gets to crunch parts of the season. Hopefully can get some early home wins next season to settle everyone down but that depends on the fixture list.

I would expect next season 17th goes back to 35/36 points so that's the challenge if the promoted teams are better than the rubbish that came up this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.