2023/24 Sean Dyche

Wow delusional of the highest order. Yes goodison loves it, that’s why there’s been constant boos, moans and groans. The place has been like a morgue most weeks. Who enjoy this football, this up and them, dogs of war is a narrative that kopites use to be little us, Everton don’t want good football they want to fight and scrap, it’s embarrassing.

Dyche had 10yrs at Burnley when did he get these flair players you’re talking about l. He has a full back that attacks, he has a young winger with pace, he has another winger that offers something different to McNeil and Harrison. I’d you think dyche is going to change his philosophy you’re in for shock.

The palace game was the one, we all knew he ain’t changing, we hadn’t won in months, palace in disarray themselves, no manager, 2 wins in 16 and their 4 best players out and dyche picks 8 defensive players, boos all over the place the fans board out their brains and we get a late goal to nick a point, he also had a striker stripped and ready to come on just before he scored and then told him to sit down, he was obviously happy with the point . This is what you will get next season and the season after

I'll take my delusion over what you have been smoking. My reference is to the type of football, Goodison will moan and groan if we fail to capitalise on that style just like they would with every type of football. Does Dyche play tiki taka? Endless sideways passing? No we play direct. The games against Fulham and Wolves were exactly what we like and if you can't see that. Up to you.

This season was going to be an improvement,
Dyche for full Season and a better squad
And what’s he done differently to win 4 out 5. Nothing for me,
Burnley was a terrible performance,
We got lucky from a keeper mistake,
Forest was a bit better, but 2 long range goals, we created nothing other than the goals, Forest had a higher XG and on another day get a couple of pens. Liverpool had a higher XG and enough chances to score 3 or 4 goals. Even yesterday was a poor performance, 1 shot on goal, Brentford had 4 shots and had nothing to play for.

Think it’s more to do with had the rub of the Green the last few weeks, maybe we were due some luck. Even Newcastle they shoud have been out of sight, before they gited us a pen

So every game we don’t win it’s deserved, every game we do win it’s lucky.

Long range goals, set piece goals, penalty goals, lucky goals, opposition mistakes, headers, deflections don’t count as real goals when we score them (but naturally all count against us)

XG only matters when we win to prove we shouldn’t have, when we lose the XG is irrelevant because it’s all about the result.

All the refereeing decisions that have gone against us (Keane goal disallowed, Brentford phantom offside goal, DCL penalty v Spurs, Konate red card for Liverpool) are forgotten about as any factor in bad results but any sort of favourable decision is brought up as the reasons we’ve won games.

Just change the record already, this agenda is ridiculous.

As I’ve said previously I don’t think Dyche has done too bad with results in the season’s final analysis (despite the huge period of poor results), the final table will show that we will have amassed at least 44 points, 8 points better off than last season and this against a backdrop of selling the better attacking players over the last few seasons.

I would like to see further progress in style and results next season if possible as he certainly needs to work a little on our ball retention which everyone can see is an eye sore, but our average possession in games this season is 40% (19th in that table) and that has to be better, but we need to see what he can do with the scarce resource he has.

A month ago I was worried because I couldn't see tactical variations to improve our play, but pointed out Dyche should stay this and next season.

• We need continuity
  • We need a manager than can keep us up without money
  • He gets work rate out the players
  • He's honest
Come on... safe with 3 to play with 8 points off and a run that might've seen us 11th / 12th without the pts off?

He stays, because next season could be harder and we might be doing it without Jarrad, Gana and Gomez.

Praying Patterson Dobbin, Beto, Danjuma and Youssef come good to support DCL.

Unity....what a myth that is.
We've just endured the most difficult season this Club has ever, and is likely ever to in future due solely to a shambolic, inept owner and Board of Directors who made catastrophic decision after catastrophic decision to a point where one of the Worlds greatest football institutions nearly failed to exist....and jokers on here want to name-call and bitch about our footballing survival despite every obstacle that's been put in front of us.
Jesus wept.

Smell the coffee....OUR Club has survived a monumental battle, and like it or not Sean Dyche was our Custer.

He was definitely not my first choice, and he isn't my preferred candidate now (I don't know who would be tbh), but if you can't for one moment see what he's achieved this season then I think it's either just trolling for trolling's sake or you're incredibly unrealistic. We've pretty much had every type of manager there is since Moyes - charismatic and football-addicted Roberto, young forward-thinker Silva, playing-genius but bizarre Koeman, egotistical Allardyce, Maestro Ancelotti, toxic appointment Benitez , nice but ineffective Frank- and the only common thread amongst them all is that none of them have succeeded or been able to succeed under Moshiri's structure. If we bring in Pep or Arteta the story will be the same until the stain of this car-crash ownership is bleached clean.
Dyche, for all his failings (which are mainly his style of play and his in-game management when losing) has steadied the ship in the very roughest of turbulent waters. I've sat every game in the Paddock for more years than I care to recall and I've watched some absolute turgid games under all of them and definitely under Dyche and I've hated it, but I can see and value the fact that he's kept our heads above water and stopped OUR Club from falling into the abyss. On that basis alone he deserves a chance to lead us again next season. For clarity, I'm no happy clapper, I'm no Kenwright apologist and I'm not a Dyche fanboy....I'm an Evertonian who is realistic enough to acknowledge that with the crappiest poker hand imaginable and with so many of the cartel out to bury us we've survived in an environment we probably wouldn't have with most or all of the others.

Looking forward to greater times.

We've just endured the most difficult season this Club has ever, and is likely ever to in future due solely to a shambolic, inept owner and Board of Directors who made catastrophic decision after catastrophic decision to a point where one of the Worlds greatest football institutions nearly failed to exist....and jokers on here want to name-call and bitch about our footballing survival despite every obstacle that's been put in front of us.
Jesus wept.

Smell the coffee....OUR Club has survived a monumental battle, and like it or not Sean Dyche was our Custer.

He was definitely not my first choice, and he isn't my preferred candidate now (I don't know who would be tbh), but if you can't for one moment see what he's achieved this season then I think it's either just trolling for trolling's sake or you're incredibly unrealistic. We've pretty much had every type of manager there is since Moyes - charismatic and football-addicted Roberto, young forward-thinker Silva, playing-genius but bizarre Koeman, egotistical Allardyce, Maestro Ancelotti, toxic appointment Benitez , nice but ineffective Frank- and the only common thread amongst them all is that none of them have succeeded or been able to succeed under Moshiri's structure. If we bring in Pep or Arteta the story will be the same until the stain of this car-crash ownership is bleached clean.
Dyche, for all his failings (which are mainly his style of play and his in-game management when losing) has steadied the ship in the very roughest of turbulent waters. I've sat every game in the Paddock for more years than I care to recall and I've watched some absolute turgid games under all of them and definitely under Dyche and I've hated it, but I can see and value the fact that he's kept our heads above water and stopped OUR Club from falling into the abyss. On that basis alone he deserves a chance to lead us again next season. For clarity, I'm no happy clapper, I'm no Kenwright apologist and I'm not a Dyche fanboy....I'm an Evertonian who is realistic enough to acknowledge that with the crappiest poker hand imaginable and with so many of the cartel out to bury us we've survived in an environment we probably wouldn't have with most or all of the others.

Excellent

Let Dyche build a little more in the summer, see what deals him and kopite kev can conjure, who knows maybe we can push for top 10 next season if we haven’t had any more points deducted. Ultimately we need a manager to get us to Bramley Moore in the premier league, and Dyche has shown in the last two seasons he is capable of getting us there.

Jesus wept.

great post... (not sure about Custer though...I'd use Churchill)

On the BBC....
Dyche said: "We have not been given an easy ride and I am super proud. The knocks keep coming for me as well - this job is not the way it has been pitched to me or what has happened.

Definitely a dig at the Everton board selling Dyche a dream that was far from the truth. I'm pretty sure the club wouldn't have mentioned anything about the financial mess and probably even told Dyche he'd have financial backing for whatever signings be wanted.

If Everton do end up getting a new manager over the summer, at least they'll come in knowing about the financial position. It's definitely no secret now.
No chance we are getting a new manager this summer. The Ginger maestro is now one step below legendary status. He has made massive strides forward this season after the last 2 disastrous seasons on pitch and off pitch.
Maybe pressure will build if we hover about the bottom 1/4 of the table next season and suffer another relegation battle. But with more chaos and points deductions rumoured next year Dyche is 100% what we need to stick with.

I'll take my delusion over what you have been smoking. My reference is to the type of football, Goodison will moan and groan if we fail to capitalise on that style just like they would with every type of football. Does Dyche play tiki taka? Endless sideways passing? No we play direct. The games against Fulham and Wolves were exactly what we like and if you can't see that. Up to you.
So 2 games out of over 20, brilliant. The wolves game is also a bit of a myth that we battered them, Pickford had to make a brilliant save, they hit the woodwork, scored a goal and missed 2 brilliant chances . That game could have been 5-4 either way