2023/24 Sean Dyche

View attachment 255838

View attachment 255839
Everton were only in a relegation battle at the beginning of the winless run due to the 10 points deduction. Even though we had won 8 of the first 17 matches.

In this winless run Everton drew 6 games including conceding late goals against Brighton and Bournemouth that would have given us 4 more points.

We also got 4 points back in the appeal meaning from the start of the winless run and facing Burnley that's 10 points.

Luton in this period got 13 points
Brentford 9 points
Burnley 11 points
Sheffield United 7 points

So in Everton's worst period and toughest fixtures no one punished us.

The fact is to survive relegation in any season you have to win 10 games and we have done that at a canter with a points deduction and Dyche the coaching staff and the players deserve praise for that.

Why can't people just accept that the majority of clubs lose more than they win. And most clubs don't have the talent to play great football.

You want to watch classy football every week be a glory hunter and watch Barca or City.
Not to take anything away from your hero Dyche.

But we are very lucky that there are teams like Sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton in this league this season.

Of course we will stay up with plenty to spare, but as you say, if the clubs below had put more pressure on us with THEIR results, who knows.

Dyche is no hero @Goat but you can only beat what's in front of you and we have done that easily

But we are very lucky that there are teams like Sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton in this league this season.

Of course we will stay up with plenty to spare, but as you say, if the clubs below had put more pressure on us with THEIR results, who knows.

What does amount of years you have been watching got to do with your level of commitment? Talk about condescending. I'm similar in years of support anyway not that it matters

Also you say I expect more than 2 in 15 but you can always pick specific timeframes from the high majority of teams and say look the manager should be sacked. It is always about the season as a whole and Everton have won 12, have the 4th best defense and second best clean sheet record.

Do I expect at some point next season Everton to struggle and go on a winless run again and the football to be negative. yes! But that's football and teams lose form in the season and we don't have a good enough squad whoever you put in the dugout to change that.

Even Carlo couldn't get us to play free flowing football and we won most games 1-0.
Bit in bold, excuse you? Perhaps dont come across so condescending.

I've been going the match for 27 years and have had what, 2/3 seasons of good footy? Some nerve that just because I want to see us progress. What GLORY has there been in 27 years? NOTHING. NONE. ZERO.

I dont expect good footy, I do expect more than 2 wins in 15 matches. You cannot say we got an extra four points in that winless run, they were off the field awarded BACK from when we got deducted.

Read all of my posts regarding Dyche. I never once have said he has to go in summer. I have said we have to improve and HE has to improve otherwise if we go on a winless run, yet again, we'll be back down there, yet again. I never have once said I expect us to play like Barca or City, i have only said we have to be more progressive. Dyche has done marvellously well to get 9 points in that week, however he showed then showed a negative by trying to sit back and hold on for a point the second Luton equalised.

Theres no pressure on that game, why not take the schackles and see what happens? See who responds and could potentially provide some more progressive football next season.

Just because I want to see us progress doesn't mean my opinion is beneath you. The whole point of your post is a counter argument I was willing to discuss, right until you put that line in bold.

For a forum full of statistic gimps there's a distinct lack of admission that he's got enough points to keep us up regardless of how bad the bottom three are.
Historically, 37 points would not have been enough in 8 of the last 28 years.

Depending on GD.

West Ham were relegated in 2003 on 42 points.

So I think you will find that its not really "regardless of how bad the bottom 3 are".

bondage-gimp-male-wetlook-fancy-dress-stag-night-costumes-43981_442x442.jpg

I keep reading this but the bottom three are more often like they are this year than they were in 22-23. Or at least 2 of the three teams are. Also, we’re on 45 points, we’re safe in every PL season with matches to spare.

I keep reading this but the bottom three are more often like they are this year than they were in 22-23. Or at least 2 of the three teams are. Also, we’re on 45 points, we’re safe in every PL season with matches to spare.
35 points is the Premier League average for relegation.

Well no, we are on 37 points.

We sadly cant pretend the points deductions didnt happen.

But I was only japing with the boy.

The Dychettes won this war, I dunno why they cant enjoy their victory.

As a firm Anti-Dychette, im honestly over the moon that we can enjoy these last 3 games stress-free.

He kept us up, with games to spare, whats not to like?

Depending on GD.

So I think you will find that its not really "regardless of how bad the bottom 3 are".

Looking good, stats guy.

Depending on GD.

To be fair Everton as a club are on 37 points.

Dyche's work has us on 45 points.

More than comfortably up with two games to spare in any PL season.

I don't want Dyche for the long term, but he certainly has done what's been required in the toughest of seasons.

35 points is the Premier League average for relegation.

Well no, we are on 37 points.

We sadly cant pretend the points deductions didnt happen.

But I was only japing with the boy.

The Dychettes won this war, I dunno why they cant enjoy their victory.

As a firm Anti-Dychette, im honestly over the moon that we can enjoy these last 3 games stress-free.

He kept us up, with games to spare, whats not to like?
This has nothing to do with the manager though, or how many points a team can win.

It's why deductions are so debilitating - you can't just magically make a poor team make up for a whopping 8 points. That number is quite literally 25% of the points we've earned the past two seasons.

I don't want Dyche for the long term, but he certainly has done what's been required in the toughest of seasons.
I guess that’s why Dyche wore the tie, he was the accounting manager as well.

And next season is likely to be more of the same in regards to our circumstances. Perhaps less points deductions. More pragmatism required.

And no I don’t see him lasting much past our financial difficulties, if those ever end.

This has nothing to do with the manager though, or how many points a team can win.

It's why deductions are so debilitating - you can't just magically make a poor team make up for a whopping 8 points. That number is quite literally 25% of the points we've earned the past two seasons.
To be fair the person I replied to said it didnt matter how bad the bottom 3 were.

In a season in which we were deducted 8 points, it really matters.

Going forward, less so, as long as Dyche can achieve over 45 points per season.

His average with Everton and Burnley is 42 points a season.

So statistically, he has every chance.

It’s amazing how Docuoure got his goals this season isn’t it really when you think he wasn’t able to enter the opposition half

He was TOLD not to mate , luckily doucs has to football intelligence of a rocking horse and has no idea what he’s doing and a couple of times he tried to control the ball and it went in.

The points we’ve accumulated this season would have been enough to stay up in each other the last 10 years, even with the deduction.

Whilst they are bad, others haven’t been better than us.