• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get to the root of the problem and address it effectively he does require psychological therapy which looks at the more deep-seated issues that might be of concern.

Suarez trying to shift the blame is also a classic form of childish behaviour. Most children, when they are confronted with something they have done, will immediately take recourse in lying.

Suarez trying to shift the blame is also a classic form of childish behaviour. Most children, when they are confronted with something they have done, will immediately take recourse in lying.

yep, especially even when its completely obvious that they have done it

To get to the root of the problem and address it effectively he does require psychological therapy which looks at the more deep-seated issues that might be of concern.

If I recall, the Chelsea one, was when Liverpool were under the cosh, losing, or not winning, in an important match. Exactly the same last night. Uruguay were heading home at the time.

Maybe thats something to do with it.

But it doesnt matter really. Inexcusable, and as the lad above says, it has gone beyond football forums sounding off now. Rogers must be despairing.

Tee hee.

Eh? You know what I mean. Found guilty of using racist language then. Better?

Not entirely sure what your point is now. You argued that FIFA couldnt ban him globally. They can.

Only in the cases already mentioned - doping, racism & matchfixing...this wouldn't be the case here and his past, regardless of what the English FA ruled, is immaterial right?

You argued that a ban longer than for previous "convictions" would be harsh. Thats just plain daft and flies in the face of natural justice.

We're talking about three different organizations who mete out justice, none of which do it the same...For me, it would be daft to build upon the other decisions when they operate independently nevermind differently when it comes to punishment & enforcement

Only in the cases already mentioned - doping, racism & matchfixing...this wouldn't be the case here and his past, regardless of what the English FA ruled, is immaterial right?

We're talking about three different organizations who mete out justice, none of which do it the same...For me, it would be daft to build upon the other decisions when they operate independently nevermind differently when it comes to punishment & enforcement

he has bitten people 3 times on the field of play, it is irrelevant that he was punished by different authorites..it has to be taken into account

It usually indicates an underlying condition.
I see it with children who have learning or behavioural difficulties all the time.
Or are struggling to cope with some other facet of their life - violence at home, family breakup, bereavement.

Still no excuse for an adult to do it.

He just might be very, very simple

No. Of course it isnt.

It usually indicates an underlying condition.
I see it with children who have learning or behavioural difficulties all the time.
Or are struggling to cope with some other facet of their life - violence at home, family breakup, bereavement.

Still no excuse for an adult to do it.

He just might be very, very simple

the fact that he cant help himself is the worry here. third time... im pretty sure he's in despair himself and cant believe what he has done...again.

Unbelievable this is ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28026610
Diego Lugano to the BBC
BBC: "Can you comment on the incident with Luis Suarez? Can you comment on what the world saw yesterday?"

Diego Lugano: "What incident? I don't know what incident you're talking about. I don't know what incident you're talking about. Are you talking about the Premier League or the national team? Have you got something against Luis?"

BBC: "Chiellini? Are you saying nothing happened?"

Lugano: "No. The pictures don't show anything. They show an approximation but nothing important."

BBC: "Why then has Fifa charged Luis Suarez?"

Lugano: "I don't know. As far as I know."

BBC: "Are British media to blame?"

Lugano: "No. Everybody knows the British media have an issue with Suarez. It must sell newspapers in England. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. Yesterday Uruguay played against Italy and Saturday it will play Colombia. I don't know what a British journalist is doing talking about Suarez. It must be popular with the British media. I don't see another explanation.

"But we're happy with yesterday's win. You don't look that happy with Uruguay's victory but, well, now comes the hardest part which is facing what I believe is the best team so far in the tournament. Colombia has scored a lot of goals and won easily.

he has bitten people 3 times on the field of play, it is irrelevant that he was punished by different authorites..it has to be taken into account

I didn't deny it wouldn't be taken into account but it shouldn't be weighed equally or meted out cumulatively in terms of punishment, IMO

Unbelievable this is ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28026610
Diego Lugano to the BBC
BBC: "Can you comment on the incident with Luis Suarez? Can you comment on what the world saw yesterday?"

Diego Lugano: "What incident? I don't know what incident you're talking about. I don't know what incident you're talking about. Are you talking about the Premier League or the national team? Have you got something against Luis?"

BBC: "Chiellini? Are you saying nothing happened?"

Lugano: "No. The pictures don't show anything. They show an approximation but nothing important."

BBC: "Why then has Fifa charged Luis Suarez?"

Lugano: "I don't know. As far as I know."

BBC: "Are British media to blame?"

Lugano: "No. Everybody knows the British media have an issue with Suarez. It must sell newspapers in England. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. Yesterday Uruguay played against Italy and Saturday it will play Colombia. I don't know what a British journalist is doing talking about Suarez. It must be popular with the British media. I don't see another explanation.

"But we're happy with yesterday's win. You don't look that happy with Uruguay's victory but, well, now comes the hardest part which is facing what I believe is the best team so far in the tournament. Colombia has scored a lot of goals and won easily.
I suspect Diego Lugano is FCBarca's multi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back