Who are more of a threat to our UEFA cup surge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Reading or Tottenham?

Considering they face eachother at the weekend, what do you think would be the best result for us?

Ditto. I just did the BBC predictor again and got us squeaking into 6th 1 point ahead of Spurs (Bolton were in 5th 2 pts ahead).

I had this result down for a clear Spurs win, unfortunately.

cant see the bbc predictor working out, they get little else correct.

bolton are there to be taken, beat them at the reebok and the tables are turned, it shall be interesting to see how spurs deal with the fixtures as well as squad rotation, and already defoe is moaning about being frustrated for internationals, could it spill over? if spurs had a solid defence with king leading it i would tip them for fifth, but they can look shakey. its going to the wire, im glad we are in the mix.

Reading or Tottenham?

Considering they face eachother at the weekend, what do you think would be the best result for us?

I think that Spurs will win although a draw would be the ideal result as a win for us against Villa would obviously mean that we would have taken another 2vital points more than both of them, and gone just that little bit further ahead of them.
Depending on who contest's the FA Cup Final, 7th place could qualify for the UEFA Cup, and 8th would mean the Inter-Toto.
5th and 6th places i think will be between us, spurs and bolton, i think the pressure will get to the Royals and they will slip down out of contention.
Bolton are also in a bad patch but i think their next two games are against Sheff Utd and Wigan :oops: , you'd fancy them to take at least 4 points from those two.
It's going down to the wire lads, my prediction, we will get 5th or 6th with maybe Spurs finishing 7th and Reading 8th or 9th.

COYB

Of the five teams chasing the two places Spurs and ourselves are the form sides. In the last three games Spurs have 9 points, we have 7, whereas Bolton have 0, Pompey 1 and Reading 1. So I think with momentum so important at this stage of the season ourselves and Spurs will take 5th/6th place, we're just fighting it out for who takes which.

With that in mind a draw would be ideal as it slows Spurs down without giving Reading a boost for their run-in.

Of the five teams chasing the two places Spurs and ourselves are the form sides. In the last three games Spurs have 9 points, we have 7, whereas Bolton have 0, Pompey 1 and Reading 1. So I think with momentum so important at this stage of the season ourselves and Spurs will take 5th/6th place, we're just fighting it out for who takes which.

With that in mind a draw would be ideal as it slows Spurs down without giving Reading a boost for their run-in

Nicely put Bruce

the only threat we have to the uefa spot in ourselves. Were in sixth position now, we mustnt lose it.

i reckon spurs will get fifth as they are bang in form at the moment. bolton have some nice and easy games coming up to try and get their form back. if they do then its between them and us for sixth.

i reckon we can do it, to be honest i would be a bit embarrassed going in through the intertoto although all that matters is that we have european nights at goodison next year.

the only threat we have to the uefa spot in ourselves. Were in sixth position now, we mustnt lose it.

i reckon spurs will get fifth as they are bang in form at the moment. bolton have some nice and easy games coming up to try and get their form back. if they do then its between them and us for sixth.

i reckon we can do it, to be honest i would be a bit embarrassed going in through the intertoto although all that matters is that we have european nights at goodison next year.

I totally agree that we're our own worst enemy.

We could beat villa and notlob, have a decent run-in, and then who knows, we could be giving the [Poor language removed] a big scare ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.