2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
To have an academy graduate who seems happy enough being in the squad and fulfilling a role for his boyhood club, on what I imagine will be low wages is what i imagine the majority of clubs would want as their 6th choice central midfielder.
This basically. We need numbers to make up the squad players that won't rock the boat if not playing. You could see from the goal celebrations on Saturday how popular the lad is. Plus it's a while since he had a poor game. He's done really well this season when played, and we really missed him last season when he was injured.

I agree completely.

For years he just seems content with sitting on the bench and making up the numbers when he does get game time. Doesn't seem to care if he is picked or not and isn't arsed about progressing as a player; this has gone on for years. He offers very little to the team as a midfield player. Nothing defensively, absolutely nothing offensively, passing is average, and so i am not sure what his actual role is.

Currently has 5 midfield players ahead of him in the pecking order and with the likes of Garner and later on Warrington coming through he will go even further back. With all these players ahead of him, why hasn't he pushed to leave to get game time and play footy elsewhere ? ........... because he's on an excellent contract that is paying him thousands for doing absolutely nothing. Dire player for me.
8 eyes are better than 4 it seems. Disagree with practically every word of that post.

I think you'll find that we will offer him a new contract and, when we do, he'll decline it because he wants first team football and he knows he won't get it here. I for one won't blame him and will wish him well. People like you who clearly hate even the air that he breathes will no doubt use it as another stick to beat him with, even though its what you want. Lower end premier clubs will be queuing up for his signature, and we can hopefully replace him in the squad with somebody from the youth set up if we gave somebody good enough. Somebody like Warrington if he kicks on. If we can't, he'll be incredibly difficult to replace and we'll miss him if we get a bad run of injuries in midfield like we have done for the past few seasons.

8 eyes are better than 4 it seems. Disagree with practically every word of that post.

I think you'll find that we will offer him a new contract and, when we do, he'll decline it because he wants first team football and he knows he won't get it here. I for one won't blame him and will wish him well. People like you who clearly hate even the air that he breathes will no doubt use it as another stick to beat him with, even though its what you want. Lower end premier clubs will be queuing up for his signature, and we can hopefully replace him in the squad with somebody from the youth set up if we gave somebody good enough. Somebody like Warrington if he kicks on. If we can't, he'll be incredibly difficult to replace and we'll miss him if we get a bad run of injuries in midfield like we have done for the past few seasons.

I don’t hate him I just think he is turd, so you are a little be dramatic with commenting about the air he breathes. A complete waste of a career where he will drift away and nobody will notice. Has brought nothing to this team whatsoever. You’re one of those Evertonians who will get teary eyed over a limited player on the pitch, who doesn’t moan, but will run about a bit. ‘ he works hard and is a good pro ‘ is usually code for…. As useful as a glass hammer.

Hopefully replace him with somebody good enough ? He’s like 7th in the pecking order now, what are you on about ?

Hopefully our back up players we have ahead of Davies currently, push on, progress and fight to get in the side, and not be content with sitting on their arse most weeks. He won’t be missed

I don’t hate him I just think he is turd, so you are a little be dramatic with commenting about the air he breathes. A complete waste of a career where he will drift away and nobody will notice. Has brought nothing to this team whatsoever. You’re one of those Evertonians who will get teary eyed over a limited player on the pitch, who doesn’t moan, but will run about a bit. ‘ he works hard and is a good pro ‘ is usually code for…. As useful as a glass hammer.

Hopefully replace him with somebody good enough ? He’s like 7th in the pecking order now, what are you on about ?

Hopefully our back up players we have ahead of Davies currently, push on, progress and fight to get in the side, and not be content with sitting on their arse most weeks. He won’t be missed
Think we have different definitions of the term "hate". lol

And if you think I'm teary eyed over him you obviously didn't read the bit where I said I think he'll refuse a new contract, that I'll wish him well when he does, and that we'll hopefully replace him in the squad with somebody from the youth team. That's hardly crying into my beer.

It's also good to note that he's 7th choice when we only have 6 central midfielders in the first place. He won't start many games granted, but who comes off the bench first will be determined by the job the manager wants done. Some times it may be Tom, others it won't be. But I guarantee he'll see plenty of game time this season. It isn't all that long ago that we had 4 midfielders out injured at the same time and if that happens again he will be starting games too.

As regards not missing him, well that depends on who replaces him in the squad. If it is somebody from the youth set up, which I personally hope it is, you may find he takes time to get up to speed in the Premier.

To be fair to Tom, we know what he is and we know what he isnt. He’s not a goal scorer, nor blessed with pace. I thought once Allan came in he upped his game, obviously learning how to shield, use his body weight more in his defensive duties. I do hope that someone like Gana now gets into Tom’s mindset, there’s no reason that he couldn’t be like Gana in the future other than his attitude. Gana won’t score loads of goals, but what he has obviously worked on over the years is positioning and breaking up play without giving away fouls. Hopefully Tom can learn and progress with us. I think time will tell.

Top cheer leader, knows where to be when we score.
Low cost squad member, still with PL potential.
Will improve under Frank given a particular role, and will be valuable asset through the season.
We can’t afford to buy for every ‘bench’ position so Tom makes perfect financial sense as long he isn’t blocking a seat on the bench for a better, younger version coming through.

Lower end Premier clubs. That explains the problem. However he has recently shown signs so here's hoping

Think we have different definitions of the term "hate". lol

And if you think I'm teary eyed over him you obviously didn't read the bit where I said I think he'll refuse a new contract, that I'll wish him well when he does, and that we'll hopefully replace him in the squad with somebody from the youth team. That's hardly crying into my beer.

It's also good to note that he's 7th choice when we only have 6 central midfielders in the first place. He won't start many games granted, but who comes off the bench first will be determined by the job the manager wants done. Some times it may be Tom, others it won't be. But I guarantee he'll see plenty of game time this season. It isn't all that long ago that we had 4 midfielders out injured at the same time and if that happens again he will be starting games too.

As regards not missing him, well that depends on who replaces him in the squad. If it is somebody from the youth set up, which I personally hope it is, you may find he takes time to get up to speed in the Premier.

Im not his biggest fan but he's done "ok" this season.

Still think he's not good enough going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.