Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Yes, I recognise the virtues to Moshiri's tenure as well as the vices. But the crunch is coming now. It would be best for us if Moshiri held onto control to see the building of the stadium...for him to have a real asset on his hands and a buoyant team in the PL. That would attract the type of ownership who have serious cash to spend and who view Everton as the next big club to beak into the elite. But the constant chatter now about takeovers suggests to me that Moshiri is privatley open to offers and/or in trouble financing this stadium, else we wouldn't see anyone sniffing round. The type of struggles the club are in that you highlight are an added burden for him. Does he need this for another 2/3 years? I dont think so. He cant even function as an owner: he has no credibility left among the fans. It all points one way to me: he'll sell to just about anyone as long as it gets near £400M and he gets a *decent* return on his shares and the cash he's put into the stadium...not to mention the legwork to get it up and running.

We're in a period now where Moshiri compromises on value of the club and a buyer meets that new figure. Something will give fairly soon in my opinion.

Agreed mate on the sentiment from Moshiris position, it just is a looney thing to do to keep funding us if there is a different option in terms of his own personal needs.

I suppose my point is really, Moshiris needs and the needs of the club and how he left us in terms of funding may be very different things, he could potentially sell us up the creek without a paddle really and I don’t think he would safeguard the club in terms of the right buyer the way Bill would. He might just cut is losses and sell us to some fast buck, asset stripping, leveraging, merchant.

To many of the wrong owners out there and not enough of the right, proceed with caution would be my take, very little faith in the lid suggested. Red flags all over the show.

Last edited:

Agreed mate on the sentiment from Moshiris position, it just is a looney thing to do to keep funding us if there is a different option in terms of his own personal needs.

I suppose my point is really, Moshiris needs and the needs of the club and how he left us in terms of funding may be very different things, he could potentially sell us up the creek without a paddle really and I don’t think he would safeguard the club in terms of the right buyer the way Bill would. He might just cut is losses and sell us to some fast buck, asset stripping, leveraging, merchant.

To many of the wrong owners out there and not enough of the right, proceed with caution would be my take, very little faith in the lid suggested. Red flags all over the show.

That is what worries me, that we will end up like Man U, or our neighbours and some other clubs.

C5E64670-B699-4677-8C7C-B0C1A78157BF.jpeg

E9786578-4CF7-472B-A24E-F12785E52332.jpeg

Last edited: