Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Sat Oct 14th 5.30

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be bleak the next fortnight.

Spurs will knock at least 3 past us and Newcastle will probably do the same.

United were there for the taking and the team and manager blew it. We needed that cushion of 13 points.

By the time we play Palace we'll be 15th or 16th and we'll need three points to get back any sort of confidence.

Where the goals come from I dont know.
Wasnt his fault two of our better players lost possesion and they scored from it twice.

Shouldn't be 5-0 this time at least.

That was a bleak night and in fairness Lampard learnt a lot from that as bar a few poor halves the defensive organisation did improve significantly after for the run in.

Gordon out is a blow just to get up the pitch as Gray barely did anything last game and McNeill will struggle to do much. Think aim must be to get Calvert Lewin ready to start Palace at home so would expect him to remain a sub.

2-1 loss.

It's going to be bleak the next fortnight.

Spurs will knock at least 3 past us and Newcastle will probably do the same.

United were there for the taking and the team and manager blew it. We needed that cushion of 13 points.

By the time we play Palace we'll be 15th or 16th and we'll need three points to get back any sort of confidence.

Where the goals come from I dont know.
And you can bet palace will want a result after the end of last season…. So they’ll be well up for it

Just happened across this quote from Conte on leaving Richarlison on the bench recently.

"When you play every game and especially with a different pressure compared to at Everton, he needed to have a bit of rest."

That's poor from Antonio, you have to say.

Reactions: JLW
Hate these double header fixtures. I know everyone plays everyone twice but the momentum swings are too big. If you get two bottom half teams at home in a row you can rack up 6 points vs what we have which is two tough away games and the potential of zero points. Can massively change the sentiment of a season. There were loads of them last season and we’ll have a few this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.