Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Full backs for me today, both imperious defensively. Really set the tone. Mykolenko can really time a tackle and his assist for the second shows he is capable of getting forward on occasion. I bet when Wilfred Zaha retires I can imagine him saying Seamus was his most difficult opponent, he never gets the better of him.
He doesn’t get an assist for the second unfortunately

There were a lot of very good performances out there today, but, Onana, for me, was just a different class, he is so big and strong, decent on the ball, great in the tackle and frightened of nothing. It was very close between him and Iwobi who was man of the match, but, I tried to look at it from the perspective his opponents would, they must have hated every one of the 80 minutes they had to face Onana.

Lampard got it very right today, I thought he was mistaken to play Gordon and I also thought Iwobi needed a rest as he and Gueye were starting to look just a little bit weary. Well both Gordon and Iwobi put great shifts in today and justified their manager's faith in them. I'd have to say though, I do think we have to be careful not to ask too much of Gueye, he is obviously tired and I think he probably needs a break, time to give Garner his first start I think.

Great to see. 3 good goals. One from winning the ball high up the pitch, one from a well worked counter, showing the value of getting numbers forward, and that glorious 3rd from a superb bit of improvisation.

The tactical tweak/positional change in midfield helped.

We can all see what the weaknesses are as have been made clear in the last 3 games but we've shown that we can compete.

UTFT!!

SpicyClosedDegus-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.