Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
efc.png

Wasn't a "must win" game but wasn't far off. Great to have picked up 3 points going into a run of games where we should be accumulating points if we're to be comfortable this season.
I think it was a must win game. If we want to finish mid table you need to win these home games. You can accepts defeats against the top six where we are at the minute, but if you are losing at home to palace it’s going to be long hard season.

….no surprise DCL makes so much difference to the shape, balance & effectiveness of the team. It makes it more important that we bring in that ‘type’ of striker as cover, we shouldn’t gamble on him staying fit.

The two CBs plus Onana/Gueye again formed the basis of the team. Real strength & application in those vital areas of the pitch. Iwobi provided the bits of creativity with two assists. Love wingers who score tap ins because it underlines them getting into threatening positions, so delighted for Gordon. He needs to be calmer in his delivery of crosses, especially with DCL in the team. Just drop down a gear rather than everything at full throttle.

Then we have my MoM, what a performance by SEAMUS COLEMAN. Rolling back the years to snuff out the threat of Zaha just like he did at the end of last season. What a professional, despite what some on here say, there’s life in the old dog yet.

I think it was a must win game. If we want to finish mid table you need to win these home games. You can accepts defeats against the top six where we are at the minute, but if you are losing at home to palace it’s going to be long hard season.
Yeah, that was kind of what I was getting at. You can miss the odd one but not many. Especially on the back of 3 losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.