2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true this, clubs evolve, yesterday hero is today's loser, you can't survive on past glories and just because your a more likable person.
We're sleep walking to relegation and some are turning a blind eye becuase they like the manager, I like Frank myself, but I like Everton being in the premier league a lot more.

Why werent you saying this 12months ago?

Are you kidding me....

If I didn`t use last season the stats would be even worse! Lampard has us 4 points behind where Rafael did at this time last season and Rafael signed Townsend, Gray, Begovic and Rondon, dont forget he never had the use of Mykolenko and Patterson as Lampard has. Who has Lampard signed? Coady, Tarkowski, McNeil, Maupay, Onana, Gueye, Garner, Vinagre and we are doing worse... WORSE!

Was the old players you have been trying to chase out the issue?

The narrative here is incredible. Where were we before Benitez joined? What effect did he have on the squad?

Look at the fixtures he had to launch the season....

I mentioned Newcastle before (3rd with a team that isn't all that good on paper and still last season's team) but Brentford and Brighton both doing really well with on paper not good teams. Even Maupay was pretty much an ever present for Brighton in recent seasons and their top scorer, comes here and looks poor. He wasn't brilliant for Brighton but he was a decent PL striker, otherwise we wouldn't have paid 15 mill for him.

in the Carlo season we finished badly and he knew he was going, but it was a well drilled team before then that had us battling for top 4 and in the European places for 90% of that season. We've been badly coached ever since.

They have a world class midfielder and a goalscorer.

As pointed out before when everything was rosey Thelwell and Lampard signed the players, when it is as it is now it is just Thelwell....

Make your mind up...

Doesnt suit todays narrative.

Doesn’t have the attacking players to play a
4-3-3.
Needs to go back to a back five or play a 4-2-3-1.
We need to be hard to beat and hope to nick a goal on the counter. Far too open at the moment.

This is true this, clubs evolve, yesterday hero is today's loser, you can't survive on past glories and just because your a more likable person.
We're sleep walking to relegation and some are turning a blind eye becuase they like the manager, I like Frank myself, but I like Everton being in the premier league a lot more.
Talk bad about Lampard = You love Benitez and are a 100% kopite.

A simple and quite frankly shocking comparison on where we were at this point last season under the rs tosspot spanish waiter who should never have been hired and this season under the beloved Lampard. I keep on hearing the word transition which is a real thing but lets be brutally honest, in our case it is mostly used to make us feel a bit better about being a complete basket case. As can be clearly seen in this side by side comparison, We are not in transition, we are in full on regression and i am not just taking about the Manager and the squad, i am talking about the entire club from the top down.

There is zero evidence to suggest that will things will get any better if things stay as they are, on the contrary, things are already worse and that theme will continue. Even if the idiots at the top changed the Manager they would get it wrong as they always have. Club need a complete reset including owner and chairmanship.

table3.jpg

When you see a team like Bournemouth, Bournemouth for heavens sake dispossess us time and time again in their third, then bypass our midfield with ease in miliseconds to create chance after chance, scoring 7 in 180 minutes it's just not plumb. I thought we had a decent squad and a great manager just 3 months ago yet we are worse than we've ever been in my life time.

I truly don't know if I've just overrated our players or overrated Lampard. Whatever, it's just not working and can't see it working any time soon. Those last 2 games confirm it. It is truly baffling me at just how bad we are as to how we stack up on paper.

The Tory saved us from relegation and the French police tear gas unruly mobs that break into football stadiums without tickets, yes I’m a big fan of both.
Weird how not a soul cared one iota about his politics half a season ago when 40000 fans were dancing for joy on the pitch after CP or when the club was 'unified' after the most divisive appointment in our history. Yet now, suddenly its the go-to thing to screech about.

I do look forward to our next stop-gap doing no better than this one or the last one - ya know, just so long as he's a born'n'bread, minimum wage worker from Bootle with a 'Corbyn Rulez' neck tattoo. That stuff matters now. Apparently.

Weird how not a soul cared one iota about his politics half a season ago when 40000 fans were dancing for joy on the pitch after CP or when the club was 'unified' after the most divisive appointment in our history. Yet now, suddenly its the go-to thing to screech about.

I do look forward to our next stop-gap doing no better than this one or the last one - ya know, just so long as he's a born'n'bread, minimum wage worker from Bootle with a 'Corbyn Rulez' neck tattoo. That stuff matters now. Apparently.

Oh the snakes were bringing out the Tory shouts all along. Potentially because they’re not actually Evertonians and are bitter about us sacking the fat slug and not allowing him to relegate us like he did Newcastle, but I couldn’t possibly say.

The Tory saved us from relegation and the French police tear gas unruly mobs that break into football stadiums without tickets, yes I’m a big fan of both.

The fans kept the club up last season. He didn't take over a team in the bottom 3 either.

Frank kept the club up only in the sense that Mike Walker kept us up. We were staring down the same barrel at 2-0 down to Palace as we were against Wimbledon but Goodison wouldn't accept relegation.

Couldn't care less about his politics, but he's not a PL level manager.

A thing that's on my mind also, is if Bournemouths late break where they sliced us apart for the zillionth time, ending up with that shot that fizzed milimeters past Pickfords left post had have gone in I think Lampard would be gone now, I truly do. 4-1 and 3-0 to lowly Bournemouth in a week is horrific, conceding 4 x twice would have been it I reckon.

Why werent you saying this 12months ago?

You mean 12 calander months ago? No, because we weren't this bad, what I did say was we have to get behind the players, it wasn't until we did that we turned it around

The narrative here is incredible. Where were we before Benitez joined? What effect did he have on the squad?

We were going backwards before benitez joined, we were also spending money, which had ran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.