2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's mad how THE best goalscoring midfielder in Premier League history hasn't been able to coach his midfielders to shoot properly from outside of the area and/or make those intelligent runs he used to make several times a game and just know which positions to find themselves in.
'You can polish a turd..' etc.

No one seriously wants bobby Martinez? It’s a wind up yes? The bloke who couldn’t defend. The bloke who wore blinkers - the place was crumbling and he’s telling us it’s phenomenal.

No to mention he took moshiri to court over his compo.

No one seriously wants bobby Martinez? It’s a wind up yes? The bloke who couldn’t defend. The bloke who wore blinkers - the place was crumbling and he’s telling us it’s phenomenal.

No to mention he took moshiri to court over his compo.
Nothing wrong with taking Mosh to court when he's owed millions, but yes, his team was laughably bad in defence. lol

Can his Belgian side defend well? If so, it'd indicate he can do a job with better players at his disposal.

I think it's mad how THE best goalscoring midfielder in Premier League history hasn't been able to coach his midfielders to shoot properly from outside of the area and/or make those intelligent runs he used to make several times a game and just know which positions to find themselves in.
Chelsea's all-time leading goal scorer might get sacked because Davies and Gordon miss sitters v Bournemouth, and Iwobi and DCL miss sitters v Leics the week before, and Gray and Onana miss against Spurs two weeks before. Baffling how our shooting is so woeful. Only solution is to tell the lads to start aiming anywhere but the goal.

Chelsea's all-time leading goal scorer might get sacked because Davies and Gordon miss sitters v Bournemouth, and Iwobi and Dominic Calvert-Lewin miss sitters v Leics the week before, and Gray and Onana miss against Spurs two weeks before. Baffling how our shooting is so woeful. Only solution is to tell the lads to start aiming anywhere but the goal.
Or maybe we can rename the rows in the Park End and Gwladys Street, so instead of starting with Row A, it's now Row Z. Then we just bring Gomes back and tell him and the rest of them just to do like they always do and hit Row Z. Might get a few more efforts on target anyway.

Or maybe we can rename the rows in the Park End and Gwladys Street, so instead of starting with Row A, it's now Row Z. Then we just bring Gomes back and tell him and the rest of them just to do like they always do and hit Row Z. Might get a few more efforts on target anyway.
Perhaps we can give Davies and Gray and co some of those sleep hypnosis tapes for xmas? "When you are through on goal, aim for the International Space Station. When you are through on goal, aim for the International Space Station. When you are through on goal..."

He said something yesterday that really worried me. Basically that we were favourites for relegation at the start of the season. He was almost talking about us as if we were just promoted and hadn't spent any cash.

Like don't get me wrong, this is a poor team, but I found that very surprising, too far and a bit indicative of how he sees this team. As it seems to be how he is setting us up. Like we are a Norwich and if we can grind out 0-0's that's a great achievement.

We weren't favourites for the drop at the start of the season, I think we were like 5th favourite to go down with the bookies. I do completely accept we have lost Richarlison, but we have added to CB's with great PL experience, a midfielder who also has lots of PL experience and another midfielder who has a lot of talent. So there is some upside to what we have done.
I just worry that's the message he's giving to the players, that we are just looking to survive and it kind of shows. It's one thing to say we are primarily looking to survive, but to say we were favourites for the drop, just felt too far to me. I don't think Benitez would have got away with saying it.
Thought the same, very worrying.

He’s in full on self preservation mode, when we need a bit of dynamism, bottle, and positivity, which he showed more last season. Benitez wouldn’t have got away with it, you’re spot on.

These players will pick up on his demeanour and words and perform accordingly - most of these cowards don’t need an excuse anyway.

Frank, when he first arrived, was talking the players up and trying to rebuild their shattered confidence, post Benitez who ripped the heart out of the squad and club - now he is repeating the Spaniards mistakes and talking them and us down.

Concerning.

I honestly dont wanna spend the next 6 weeks ripping players apart.

But.

Gordon cant even get games for a side that is in 17th place and yet we are meant to think hes some superstar and we are just blind if we cant see it?

IM JUST SAYING.
He’s been hugely disappointing to say the least. OK, so it probably wasn’t £60m Chelsea bid, but if they did bid, and it was anything north of £35m, we should have bitten their hand off.

1668429052492.png

In black and white. 'Back him' is just suicidal for us.

by the end of Bobbys reign we were atrocious., Lukaku was the difference and an excellent signing.
Rewriting history again. Lukaku was good against Bournemouth and Sunderland. Not so good against better teams. Something that hasnt changed for him. Ergo doenst play for Manchester United or Chelsea anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.