2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I seem to recall some mocking Moyes for being a dour disciplinarian. Phenomenal!

You have to feel for Lampard. Trying to change a culture, repair the bitterness post-Benitez, and rebuild our utterly duff squad. Regardless of he's up to it or not, that's a tough gig.
I actually like Frank but he is massively out of his depth at the moment, it's a huge job here though and we have a random squad and board/owner with a rep for meddling with things. It's hard to know what the answer is but I know it's not Martinez that's for sure and I don't think it's Moyes either. Bad times.

But we have got rid of alot of players so why it's is not going away.

Our players don't look like top footballers. It's like watching a team playing with a fireball, they don't want to get on the ball. They are frightened
That comes from hours on the training ground drilling through stuff. Plenty of videos of Pep at Barca/Bayern making players do the same passing drills over and over again for hrs at time until it just becomes a muscle memory/automatic thing.

He said something yesterday that really worried me. Basically that we were favourites for relegation at the start of the season. He was almost talking about us as if we were just promoted and hadn't spent any cash.

Like don't get me wrong, this is a poor team, but I found that very surprising, too far and a bit indicative of how he sees this team. As it seems to be how he is setting us up. Like we are a Norwich and if we can grind out 0-0's that's a great achievement.

We weren't favourites for the drop at the start of the season, I think we were like 5th favourite to go down with the bookies. I do completely accept we have lost Richarlison, but we have added to CB's with great PL experience, a midfielder who also has lots of PL experience and another midfielder who has a lot of talent. So there is some upside to what we have done.
I just worry that's the message he's giving to the players, that we are just looking to survive and it kind of shows. It's one thing to say we are primarily looking to survive, but to say we were favourites for the drop, just felt too far to me. I don't think Benitez would have got away with saying it.
Excellent post this!

He said something yesterday that really worried me. Basically that we were favourites for relegation at the start of the season. He was almost talking about us as if we were just promoted and hadn't spent any cash.

Like don't get me wrong, this is a poor team, but I found that very surprising, too far and a bit indicative of how he sees this team. As it seems to be how he is setting us up. Like we are a Norwich and if we can grind out 0-0's that's a great achievement.

We weren't favourites for the drop at the start of the season, I think we were like 5th favourite to go down with the bookies. I do completely accept we have lost Richarlison, but we have added to CB's with great PL experience, a midfielder who also has lots of PL experience and another midfielder who has a lot of talent. So there is some upside to what we have done.
I just worry that's the message he's giving to the players, that we are just looking to survive and it kind of shows. It's one thing to say we are primarily looking to survive, but to say we were favourites for the drop, just felt too far to me. I don't think Benitez would have got away with saying it.

He's surprisingly arrogant when you take away all the "one of us" waffle.

1. Claims you can learn just as much from a League One manager about modern management as you can from serial trophy winner Jose Mourinho.

2. Always blames the players when the team loses yet when we win basks in the glory.

3. Whilst some Blues no doubt buzzed off it - having that spat with the gurner over winning just "the one" PL title.

No doubt he was a top drawer player but he's writing cheques his bottom cannot cash as a manager imo. Like Gerrard he's been given too big a job too soon based off his media profile.

It is hard to believe that he would do worse than Benitez did but that is where we are at after the first 15 games of both of their first seasons in charge.

Beam me up scotty.

I still think Wolves could struggle mate. That Lopetigiu is new to the league. Southampton losing Hassanhuttl coul be big too. But it's going to be very tight.

Depend on who Southampton get
There a few good young European mangers out there and a few well known managers looking for a job

Tuchel
Zidane
Pochettin
Marcelo Bielsa
Andre Villas-Boas
Sean Dyche

Oh and Rafael and Gerrard. Lol

Pity we don't have any money.

Depend on who Southampton get
There a few good young European mangers out there and a few well known managers looking for a job

Tuchel
Zidane
Pochettin
Marcelo Bielsa
Andre Villas-Boas
Sean Dyche

Oh and Rafael and Gerrard. Lol

Pity we don't have any money.
They appointed a manager mate .
He was in charge yesterday unless they sacked him again today

This is terrible. How is he still employed?

I bet villa are regretting letting Gerard go because ‘we don’t want another change’

The bar was low enough with Rafael and now he’s surpassed his points low point.

We know how this script works. We will spend next 7 weeks talking about it, sign a couple of players and end up losing to wolves. He’ll be fired and we’ll be saying - ‘we wasted 7 weeks.’
It’s almost like the club aren’t responding to internet fans and being sensible for now

Status
Not open for further replies.