2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking at the stats there and was surprised to see that only the top 3 have conceded less goals even after yesterday
Then noticed that only Wolves have scored less.
I think he deserves some credit for the defensive side up to the leicester game but Maupay was never gonna replace Richy and that was and is where our problems lie.
Credit has to be given to Ashley Cole aswell as defensive coach up to the leicester game but the last 8 days has been extremely worrying as if the defence falls apart we are going down no question.

Was looking at the stats there and was surprised to see that only the top 3 have conceded less goals even after yesterday
I think he deserves some credit for the defensive side up to the leicester game but Maupay was never gonna replace Richy and that was and is where our problems lie.
Credit has to be given to Ashley Cole aswell as defensive coach up to the leicester game but the last 8 days has been extremely worrying as if the defence falls apart we are going down no question.

Have teams worked us out already?

Agree with this

In the first game against Bournemouth, the first couple of goals were quite freakish, the way the first one looped over Pickford and the second one where Holgate randomly face planted

He's surprisingly arrogant when you take away all the "one of us" waffle.

1. Claims you can learn just as much from a League One manager about modern management as you can from serial trophy winner Jose Mourinho.

2. Always blames the players when the team loses yet when we win basks in the glory.

3. Whilst some Blues no doubt buzzed off it - having that spat with the gurner over winning just "the one" PL title.

No doubt he was a top drawer player but he's writing cheques his bottom cannot cash as a manager imo. Like Gerrard he's been given too big a job too soon based off his media profile.

I agree with a fair bit of this. But I've always thought he came across quite grounded. He speaks quite well actually, is thoughtful and considered. I don't have any issues with him in that regards.
In terms of the points below. I don't know that quote, but I'm not sure that is true.

2) I actually think he protects the players a fair bit. Which is fine, but I do wonder if his expectation is they should be finishing 20th?

3) I don't really care about his spat with Klopp. I think they both came across badly in that, which they tend to do. It's a small incident and not something I woud overly focus on. I never saw Ancelotti having spats with people, and he was a wonderful manager. LIke honestly, I couldn't care less what he does, or doesn't say to Klopp.
I think he was given a tougher job than Gerrard, but at present he seems to be struggling a fair bit.

Depend on who Southampton get
There a few good young European mangers out there and a few well known managers looking for a job

Tuchel
Zidane
Pochettin
Marcelo Bielsa
Andre Villas-Boas
Sean Dyche

Oh and Rafael and Gerrard. Lol

Pity we don't have any money.

I think they've gone for Nathan Jones mate.

I think the fans like him, he says the right things and likely there is a genuine connection there as we know that’s a big thing, we all want him to succeed, but there comes a point where we will want to be in the PL more and if results make that a viable choice, he will be gone, my take is he deserves half a season, so another 4 games, if we are on 20points + i think he stays. If we are below that, we have an inevitable decision I feel.

Few red flags to my eye, one is whatever about results, performences have gotten incrementally worse from Utd on onward really, Palace the exception, week to week I’m not seeing change, variance of improvement.

Secondly it’s increasingly clear we are telegraphed, managers know, play to deep banks of four and Everton aren’t scoring. The team to my eye look like they have lost all confidence of trying to score themselves.

Thirdly I think the manager want to playa certain way, pocession based football, out from the back and between lines - it’s not working with these group of players, they aren’t good enough. I think he’s going to have to have a good long refection and compromise on a dogmatic approach to his philosophy Vs results, because unless the latter start to come, he will be out of a job.

I feel our expectations as fans are very low this year, we just want to be competitive and safe, both those things are far from certain based on recent results and performences, if I’m being totally honest at the moment, am I confident in not being beaten by the three teams below us, I’m not and I find it hard to think of three worse teams on recent form. We could just be bad or does a better manager get better results with this group…..I think we’d all loath another reboot. I know I would.

He's surprisingly arrogant when you take away all the "one of us" waffle.

1. Claims you can learn just as much from a League One manager about modern management as you can from serial trophy winner Jose Mourinho.

2. Always blames the players when the team loses yet when we win basks in the glory.

3. Whilst some Blues no doubt buzzed off it - having that spat with the gurner over winning just "the one" PL title.

No doubt he was a top drawer player but he's writing cheques his bottom cannot cash as a manager imo. Like Gerrard he's been given too big a job too soon based off his media profile.

The French police were right.

I think the fans like him, he says the right things and likely there is a genuine connection there as we know that’s a big thing, we all want him to succeed, but there comes a point where we will want to be in the PL more and if results make that a viable choice, he will be gone, my take is he deserves half a season, so another 4 games, if we are on 20points + i think he stays. If we are below that, we have an inevitable decision I feel.

Few red flags to my eye, one is whatever about results, performences have gotten incrementally worse from Utd on onward really, Palace the exception, week to week I’m not seeing change, variance of improvement.

Secondly it’s increasingly clear we are telegraphed, managers know, play to deep banks of four and Everton aren’t scoring. The team to my eye look like they have lost all confidence of trying to score themselves.

Thirdly I think the manager want to playa certain way, pocession based football, out from the back and between lines - it’s not working with these group of players, they aren’t good enough. I think he’s going to have to have a good long refection and compromise on a dogmatic approach to his philosophy Vs results, because unless the latter start to come, he will be out of a job.

I feel our expectations as fans are very low this year, we just want to be competitive and safe, both those things are far from certain based on recent results and performences, if I’m being totally honest at the moment, am I confident in not being beaten by the three teams below us, I’m not and I find it hard to think of three worse teams on recent form. We could just be bad or does a better manager get better results with this group…..I think we’d all loath another reboot. I know I would.
I agree with this but I’m not necessarily sure it’s that the group of players that can’t do it, more the players he’s got playing each individual role. I said repeatedly in the summer that I wasn’t sure that lampard and thelwell had decided what they were actually looking for us to do, and I think that’s been proven correct. I feel like they were originally recruiting for a 352 and then very quickly changed to a back 4 and it’s meant the whole set up doesn’t really work. We’re using gueye as a 6 who picks the ball up and moves it round and he’s quite simply not capable of playing that role. The balance isn’t right and I feel a big part of it is because they didn’t really know what they were aiming to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back