January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest have a deal agreed for Gustavo Scarpa from Palmeiras.. i realise he's 28 and nobodys ever heard of him, but he's been named player of the year and has recorded most assists in both the past two seasons.
He's out of contract so he's on a free, his wages will be £30k/week maximum.
If he doesnt make it theyll get rid of him again no worries, but if he brings any kind of form he could be a great no risk signing.
I wonder how many of these type of player Kev will have up his sleeve come January 1st.

Forest have a deal agreed for Gustavo Scarpa from Palmeiras.. i realise he's 28 and nobodys ever heard of him, but he's been named player of the year and has recorded most assists in both the past two seasons.
He's out of contract so he's on a free, his wages will be £30k/week maximum.
If he doesnt make it theyll get rid of him again no worries, but if he brings any kind of form he could be a great no risk signing.
I wonder how many of these type of player Kev will have up his sleeve come January 1st.

Has Forest's Summer window really given you confidence they can spot a player?

A lot of his sides lost 2-3 3-4...
With this Everton team. I could see 1-6.
Even though when Leeds came up the squad they had was largely Championship and League 1 players, the players were all quick and decent with the ball at feet. We just don't have people like that bar the odd one or two and I don't see us putting up the money for that sort of a rebuild.

Even though when Leeds came up the squad they had was largely Championship and League 1 players, the players were all quick and decent with the ball at feet. We just don't have people like that bar the odd one or two and I don't see us putting up the money for that sort of a rebuild.

Agree. And he doesnt have a track record of staying long to even consider a rebuild. I think leeds was actually his longest ever spell at club level. 4 years.

We don't just need a forward or two we need a creative/ attacking midfielder. Iwobi is doing fine but we need someone who can score and get us playing too.

We have the players in the squad to generate money for one of the new attacking players we need. Mina, Doucoure, Davies, Keane, Holgate should all be available, and that must be an easy £15-£20m right there. Even if you think they are all crap - which of course they are - they'd surely bring in that at a minimum.

Now, is the board prepared to fund the other attacking player we need to avoid relegation? If not, their failure to back Lampard with around £20m will probably cost them many times that if and when we're relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.