Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would be critical of the names suggested so far but they're as creative as the Everton board would most likely propose. I'm conflicted on Frank and I know his attacking options are dismal but banging crosses into 5ft 7 neil maupay being an actual applied strategy makes you question his decision making. Experienced upcoming managers exist in this world just dont know if Everton is competent enough to sniff them out instead going with Martinez again or some big name that has faded

Quite a few managers do well at clubs like brentford where the expectation level isn't as high. If brentford go on a losing run of 4 or 5 games it isnt the end of the world within the club as it is like a club like Everton.
Its sometimes worth the risk but its still a tough call.

I think he's the best, realistic option. I'm not sold on Bielsa coming in midway through the season, don't think we have the players for his style - not to mention hiring him would show there's no strategy in place as he's completely different to Lampard.

Anyway, we'll not sack Lampard until mid-Jan no doubt after he buys a few of his players and results don't change.

Martinez' final season was one of ridiculously fine margins, but he could not hold onto a result.

Being 2-0 against Bournemouth only for them to make it 2-2 in the final 10 mins. Score what should be the winner on 95min, they equalise on 98th.

Being 3-2 up against Stoke only for them to score twice in the last 10 mins to win 4-3.

Scoring what should've been a 90th min winner against Chelsea for 3-2 only for Terry's ridiculous equaliser on the 98th min not to be disallowed. 3-3.

Being 2-0 up against West Ham with them scoring 3 times in the final 12 mins including a 90th min winner.

I think if we sign Shaqiri or someone off that ilk that summer and have him in the side rather than Kone/Cleverley playing off the left then we have a serious side.

There were also games there from October-December when we were hammering sides like Norwich, West Ham away and Palace and on other days could've bagged 4 or 5 against them but the finishing/goalkeeping/woodwork didnt go our way.

Dropping Deulofeu, who was the most in form player in the league after Mahrez, Vardy and Kante, for Aaron Lennon in the new year was criminal.

You've also missed us missing out on two cup finals by really fine margins.

We played the best attacking football in the league that year aside from Spurs

I think no matter who might replace Lampard if sacked, the new manager will still have those useless so called strikers . So cannot see the problem being resolved.

Graham Potter managed to get 9 goals from Maupay last year by playing him in the correct role. Wonder if Lampard has ever considered that he's not a target man like Calvert-Lewin?

Manager
Coaching staff
Myko
Patterson
Tarkowski
Coady
Gana
Onana
Maupay
(All first team players)
Where not at the club this time last year!

Give Lampard the coaching staff and Players time, that’s one hell of change in short space of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.