Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I can’t imagine he’d leave Celtic for us, and he’s a boyhood Kopite.
Give it to Vitor

Atleast we can permanently cross it off the list in 6 months time
This was my thinking about appointing Benitez. He was linked for years, in the end it felt inevitable we would appoint him at some point. No doubt pereira will be linked again if/when frank gets the bullet. May aswell just appoint him and get it over and done with.

I think if we sign Shaqiri or someone off that ilk that summer and have him in the side rather than Kone/Cleverley playing off the left then we have a serious side.

There were also games there from October-December when we were hammering sides like Norwich, West Ham away and Palace and on other days could've bagged 4 or 5 against them but the finishing/goalkeeping/woodwork didnt go our way.

Dropping Deulofeu, who was the most in form player in the league after Mahrez, Vardy and Kante, for Aaron Lennon in the new year was criminal.

You've also missed us missing out on two cup finals by really fine margins.

We played the best attacking football in the league that year aside from Spurs
I was a big fan of Martinez.
In part I agree over the fine margins, but it was becoming to often and to predictable.
His stubbornness was annoying..

I would hope he has learnt from his experience at managing Belgium. I think bringing in Anthony Barry from Chelsea as defensive coach and Henry alongside him to a point proves he understands in having the right people about him…..and hopefully he listens to them

Bielsa? I can imagine the entire squad vomiting after 90mins. The fitness level of his Leeds team was incredible, I can’t imagine our players doing the same.

Ernesto Valverde has the most important thing for any Everton Manager. He already has a bottling of the highest proportions at mordor under his belt

I don't know. I wouldn't punt Lampard just yet. But in the event of it happening i wouldn't mind Potter.

I think Potter after a period of time away from Chelsea and we get him in right after the season has ended so he gets a full preseason to work with the players, could be successful.

If he gets punted from his job soon that means Chelsea will have done worse and if we have sacked Lampard then obviously we'll be deeper in trouble, then that combination of low confidence would be a dangerous mix. Our players struggle to play (was going to say out from the back but just play is more the correct term) so Potter would have to change to be more direct and I just don't see how it could possibly work in those circumstances.

I said it before and I still really believe what will happen is we’ll give Frank a chance, then IF we get a poor result against Wolves and the expected end of the year unlubricated fisting from City the trigger will get pulled.

A new manager search while the Transfer Window ticks away, followed by an appointment of someone who “wants to assess the squad” and “wants to give everyone a clean slate and a chance to prove themselves” and any other excuse the club thinks we’ll buy as a reason to not get the desperately needed forward in during January.

I hope this doesn’t play out and I’m proven wrong. Because otherwise we are only heading in one direction.

I think if we sign Shaqiri or someone off that ilk that summer and have him in the side rather than Kone/Cleverley playing off the left then we have a serious side.

There were also games there from October-December when we were hammering sides like Norwich, West Ham away and Palace and on other days could've bagged 4 or 5 against them but the finishing/goalkeeping/woodwork didnt go our way.

Dropping Deulofeu, who was the most in form player in the league after Mahrez, Vardy and Kante, for Aaron Lennon in the new year was criminal.

You've also missed us missing out on two cup finals by really fine margins.

We played the best attacking football in the league that year aside from Spurs
That was when I was done with him.

A new manager search while the Transfer Window ticks away, followed by an appointment of someone who “wants to assess the squad”

You have to bear in mind that we're not like other clubs. It usually takes us 4-6 weeks from sacking a manager to making an appointment. I'm 100% for keeping Lampard. But if he has to be sacked, for Dixie's sake do it now, don't wait till the New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.