Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bielsa? I can imagine the entire squad vomiting after 90mins. The fitness level of his Leeds team was incredible, I can’t imagine our players doing the same.

If you were getting someone like that in it'd need to be right now so he could work with them and basically do a pre-season and get them fit.

In fact if you're going to change at all it needs to be now and then get someone in to work with the players and look to January window. Otherwise stick it out with Lampard.

I was a big fan of Martinez.
In part I agree over the fine margins, but it was becoming to often and to predictable.
His stubbornness was annoying..

I would hope he has learnt from his experience at managing Belgium. I think bringing in Anthony Barry from Chelsea as defensive coach and Henry alongside him to a point proves he understands in having the right people about him…..and hopefully he listens to them
Martinez has one of the best international squads around and still done less than Southgate, he should never have got the job first time around, and even less so now.

If the Bielsa links are true there shouldn’t be much pondering or time wasting trying to find out what we already know with FL. “Giving him a couple more” or “tired of the managerial merry go round” are tired excuses for a manager that statistically has been worse than Rafael

I think Potter after a period of time away from Chelsea and we get him in right after the season has ended so he gets a full preseason to work with the players, could be successful.

If he gets punted from his job soon that means Chelsea will have done worse and if we have sacked Lampard then obviously we'll be deeper in trouble, then that combination of low confidence would be a dangerous mix. Our players struggle to play (was going to say out from the back but just play is more the correct term) so Potter would have to change to be more direct and I just don't see how it could possibly work in those circumstances.
Already turned us down and couldn’t see him wanting to swallow his pride anytime in the near future .. tilting at windmills

Martinez has one of the best international squads around and still done less than Southgate, he should never have got the job first time around, and even less so now.
I agree he has a great squad at Belgium, no arguments
I think I am correct in saying the two tournaments he has played in, Belgium were knocked out by the eventual winners
As for not getting the job first time round, that is complete rubbish. The initial 18mths were great, and a real eye opener in footballing terms
As mentioned he may of learnt lessons over the last few years, as let’s be straight he needs to learn as he made mistAkes

Already turned us down and couldn’t see him wanting to swallow his pride anytime in the near future .. tilting at windmills

Who knows his reputation might be in tatters by the time he leaves Chelsea - be that this season or a year down the line. In my book we won't be going for him anyhow as he's not replacing Frank mid-season - Chelsea will have some kind of clause for his payout if he jumps straight into work and he'll want a rest if it does go that bad.

if we get someone else in then that rules Potter out for the foreseeable and if we keep Lampard and survive relegation then he'll get next season.

Already gone to Brighton. De zerbi. Brilliant at sassuolo. Doing well with shakhtar until war broke out.
A very Brighton appointment under tony bloom. well run club.

Let's face it though going to Brighton is like comparing against a completely different sport. The pressure which is understandably high even there is miniscule compared to what is here. We break managers and players alike in minutes, you can see them visibly age like they've switched to dog years.

Status
Not open for further replies.