January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be true for lots of teams too. It's not an easy market. Players wont want to lose their best players. You are looking at caste offs, or players playing in leagues like Scotland or Ukraine.

Hopefully you get lucky and get more of a Mykolenko over a Tosun.
But it shouldn't be about luck if you scout properly yes it's a hard market but there are still players who want to play in the EPL whether in the Championship or French or other leagues

He's not running down his contract to come to Everton I'm afraid

lol never reached his potential.

You should visit the city and watch a game one day...then you may have an idea of how big the club actually is.

This is going to be true for lots of teams too. It's not an easy market. Players wont want to lose their best players. You are looking at caste offs, or players playing in leagues like Scotland or Ukraine.

Hopefully you get lucky and get more of a Mykolenko over a Tosun.

The key is going to be player sales. Generate a war chest and go after the very best player(s) available.

Id be happy with 4 or 5 sales and 1 top attacker signed. If we get two then brilliant.

Tsygankov's contract is up in summer...hes got to be one of the top targets.

You should visit the city and watch a game one day...then you may have an idea of how big the club actually is.

The key is going to be player sales. Generate a war chest and go after the very best player(s) available.

Id be happy with 4 or 5 sales and 1 top attacker signed. If we get two then brilliant.

I dont know what players we are thinking of selling mate, but I am highly doubtful there will be a market for them.

Tsygankov seems to tick most of the boxes for us.

Contract expiring
Younger
Plays a position where we have no depth
Score goals
Makes assists
EL / CL experience

Guaranteed the Club won't even enquire about him.

I’m opening this thread because it could be key to our future in the top flight. Surely the club realise we can’t rely on a fragile Dominic Calvert-Lewin & we have zero effective back-up options. Also, our wide attackers collectively offer little or no threat.

Thelwell should be on the case & have them lined up, our failure to bring effective attacking talent in the summer was bordering on football negligence.

I’m not seeing us linked with anybody but the rumours will hopefully be aplenty with the World Cup a few weeks away.

i understand the window runs from 1st Jan to 11pm on 31st Jan.
Agreed, FL,Thelwell, Club gambled on a fit, firing DCL, Maupey as a foil, nick a few goals as i said in a post.
Frank thought, defence, midfield , get those in.To be fair he ,they have.
The gamble failed as DClL hasnt be fit,available, Ritchy the spurce of goals gone, not replaced.
Gambled on a couple ,three more wins, a draw, so 10points more.We would be happy , but FL job not on the line and a Jan window to replace Ritchy.
Gamble failed, tgrown us into chaos!!Fans turned, obvious to the players any 11, we are the weakest side up front in the Premiership.
AG not delivering goals, assists he should be.Dwight not up to speed.

So any 11 Frank puts out are very fragile as they know we cant score 1 against any half decent side.Palace were awfull.The only time we looked anygood.

So the gamble failed as DCL injured, not fit, no good not up to Premier League standard.

Cant change owt for Wolves, City , maybe Brighton.

But the quality we need costs.€100million a pair.

So , we sell Jordon, £60million England No 1.AG , be sensible £40million , hes for thr future, we need now.He wont stay for Championship.
5 others to go .Kean ,Holgate,Mina ,Davies.

There is £120million.

Get Bradtgwaite back, Godfry as cover.We have Vinegre.Coleman, an U21 lad.
The midfield is fine.

There is a conversation to be had with Juventus about Moise Kean.Hes scoring for fun at the mo.If hes good enough for Juve, us the mighty Everton nearly bottom of Premier League.???

Phone them, ask them will you let Moise Kean play 20games for us, or untill we are safe.
He proves to Max Allegri he can cut it, score against , play well v Utd,Liverpool,City,Spurs,Chelsea, thr rest.
12goals, winning games for us.He gors back to Juventus, proven.Mancini see s he can cut it in Prem League.
Convince the lad, its good for him to play 12/14/16games score 12.Gets in Italy squad again.22now 7kg lighter, a beast i watched him, v Verona, Lazio.

Then Mudryk Donesk 9.If its 85million do it.

We have Dwight one flank, D Gray other.Get Dobbin back here, pace ,wode. T Cannon .

Dwight ,Mudryk, Moise Kean , Demari Gray.
That will scare most defences.

Bench , DCL fighting for minutes,Cannon, a winger buy in.Townsend, benchMaupey fighting for minutes.

If that cant be done ,Mudryk, Kean , Got £120million.Buy two top strikers.
We might be a little light in back up.

But at least we can win games,score.

Defence,midfield will be fine if we are good up front.

FL cant be sacked for losing v Wolves,City, Brighton.

Do it now , but not after Boxing Day.
He is partly to blame.But Dof F board,owner , bad luck.mainly.

Gambled with our Premier League status, lost nearly.

Sort it.

I really thought we'd solved a problem in middle of the park with the signings of Gana and Onana. But it's becoming clear Gana is at the wrong end of his career and Onana needs time to develop. And not to mention we're seriously lacking a creative player. Not sure how to fix this mess as needs multiple quality signings. I haven't even got to a striker yet either!

Players that 'can do a job for us' seems about as good as we can recruit, but more often than not these guys play a stinker...Maupay.

Status
Not open for further replies.