2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everton curse again, I said the other day that this has now been an issue under various managers and the problem seems more deep rooted, however our fitness/conditioning work is just so woeful and even as someone with a Sports Science background myself it's gone on for so long now I have no idea what the answer is.
Maybe it has something to do with the pitch surface at FF. I cant imagine the training methods continue regardless of players getting injured by it.

Maybe it has something to do with the pitch surface at FF. I cant imagine the training methods continue regardless of players getting injured by it.

….I’ve said so many times that the pitches at FF are ridiculously firm, there’s very little give in them. I mentioned this to the groundsman who said the surface replicates the one at Goodison & most PL grounds.

i do think that training every day on such pitches not only increases the risk of injury, it must take its toll in respect of wear and tear.

….I’ve said so many times that the pitches at FF are ridiculously firm, there’s very little give in them. I mentioned this to the groundsman who said the surface replicates the one at Goodison & most PL grounds.

i do think that training every day on such pitches not only increases the risk of injury, it must take its toll in respect of wear and tear.
That's right, I remember.

Must be something in this.

If that's the case then that needs to be reflected in the strength and conditioning work that the players do so their bodies can cope with it with a view to preventing future injury and clearly it isn't or we are doing the wrong stuff.

That's right, I remember.

Must be something in this.

If that's the case then that needs to be reflected in the strength and conditioning work that the players do so their bodies can cope with it with a view to preventing future injury and clearly it isn't or we are doing the wrong stuff.
I went on the Goodison pitch a few years ago and it was rock hard.

I went on the Goodison pitch a few years ago and it was rock hard.
Probably cos its barely grass these days.

Premier League pitches do use real grass. However, the natural grass is commonly combined with artificial fibres. That mixture of real grass and artificial fibres keeps Premier League pitches in great condition throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.