2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you’re point is?

Mine is we we’re safe, and he had a chance to try and play a different style of footy and show us and the world he wasn’t a one trick ale house pony, and he didn’t bother - he just carried on with the turgid, ale house gash.
All talk from him, he had years to attain that at Bolton and didn’t and in fact hasn’t his whole career. You seriously expected him to do that? He fooled at least you.

Maybe but could be what he thought was the best way to set up with squad at the time. And it appears Frank has no idea what is the best way to set up with current squad.
Maybe, but that’s not acceptable. We were safe, try he could have tried and showed that he was capable of a different style and tactics and picked different/younger players - he did neither.

Not arguing with your point on Frank either and the 5 at the back is what we should have played with onana missing.

Sadly, he’s making the mistake every one of his predecessors have done - keeps selecting proven failures and frauds in the team. How did Davies get picked last night? McNeil shouldn’t be getting minutes, he’s not good enough. Iwobi has reverted to type now the contract is landing. Doucure coming on when we’re getting a chasing….

He’d have been better off starting with price, cannon, simms, mills and recalling Warrington and branthwaite and playing them instead.

Sick to death of the so called senior pros doing nothing but making a show of themselves/us and picking up ridiculous wages.

The ideal time to replace him was 7 weeks ago when they were getting ready to go to Australia

Probably yes. He's been finished here ever since those 2 shambolic games at Bournemouth

But we are where we are. Now is the time to do it. Put a caretaker (probably Baines) in charge for Friday because it's a total non event where we will get battered, and then have someone in place for Southampton.

Delaying it further is pointless at this stage. I like Lampard but this is never going to work.

Friday night needs to be about sending messages to the board live on ITV. 9k fans behind the goal can make a lot of noise.

Sincerely - do we know at all how he'd want the team to play?
I get the whole "when in a relegation fight you have to be pragmatic" thing, but it's been a year and I genuinely have no idea what his ideal style might be that we're now sacrificing.

Status
Not open for further replies.