Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a nice theory, I just don't trust Everton to stick with any kind of plan.

Klopps teams definitely press, or at least they used to. It wasn't a 90 minute, rabid dog press like Bielsa in the Championship and his first season in the Premier League, it was controlled and triggered in specific areas.

Whatever people think of him, the managerial search should be down to Thelwell. The board can have input and the owner can (if he feels strongly enough) veto, but it has to be the DoF choice, otherwise, what's the point?

From the noises in the press it already seems like we have Kenwright, Thelwell and Moshiri phoning a whole host of people. It will be a good week (at least) before they get their list down to 2 or 3.
If not Bielsa who would you go for?

Come on then, who's the manager we can realistically expect to get who can keep us up?
It’s a shot in the dark, it could be Bielsa it could be Dyche or it could be Rooney; literally nobody knows.

But what I would say is that I don’t want a manager to be picked simply because of a “name” or a way to appease the fans.

I expect (or should I say hope) Thelwell as DoF will go away and access the available candidates and put names forward who fit a certain brief of what he sees moving forward, his able to coach rather than be a manager and can set a culture at the club

Can't hire bielsa and have the slowest defence is the league, suicide
Way too many red flags this for me.

He has one style of play only which has been proven time and again it’s easy to play against.

His Leeds team shipped so many goals it was ridiculous

He wasn’t deemed good enough for Leeds but we want him?

There’s just no way his insistence on playing from the back with Coady and Mykolenko and co doesn’t end in disaster

He is a very volatile man who I just can’t see how he gets on with this loony board

He has never once joined a team mid season. Everyone expecting him to join and for the players fitness to just be amazing all of a sudden are in for a rude awakening, it’s not going to happen.

For the people saying “oh well we are down anyway it’ll be a laugh,” both points are wrong: we are only two points from safety with half a season left. And come back to me about his kamikaze footy when we lose 7-0 at Anfield about how enjoyable and entertaining it is.

He won the Championship?
With a team that he had time to build. You know perfectly well that he won't have that luxury here. He'll have us playing suicidal football from day one getting crucified by everyone. We'll be ten points adrift at the bottom of the league and effectively relegated to League one by Christmas if he was in charge next season.

….I’m very old & this fella is older than me. I can’t believe we’re even linked.

We need somebody who has a record of instantly transforming a group of poor performing footballers. Time isn’t on our side, we need immediate improvement. There’s no time to install Bielsa methodology, there’s no time to bring in players who play the Bielsa way.

Leeds were awful last season, I was amazed how bad they were when they came to Goodison. That was a Leeds team fighting for their existence & Bielsa was sacked, yet posters want him here.

Moshiri appointed Benitez & now he wants Bielsa. That should be enough for us to steer well away, it’ll be certain relegation. Disaster.

Certainly seems to be an odd one. Im grasping at straws with it tbh.

Has to be a foreign manager who hasnt managed in the premier league before. Clean slate.

Theyre the ones who generally sit at the top of the league.

We need somebody who has a record of instantly transforming a group of poor performing footballers.
So appoint Sam Allardyce, then. That's the logic of your argument. It's a fair argument, but I suspect you won't like where it takes you.

Status
Not open for further replies.