2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
everton-training-session.jpg

Don't fall for this "no one good will want to sign for him" line. Loads of ambitious players from all over Europe are itching to sign for a PL club. An Ancelotti or a Lampard may help seal the odd deal, but players know that managers come and go. The fact that we're odds on to get relegated is a much bigger problem in attracting top talent. But if Dyche can guide us to PL stability, and we can sort out our FFP issues, there's no reason why we can't bring in the best.

Quite a few on here wanted Defour and Cornet when they went to Burnley.

It’s very easy to follow the media’s categorisations of managers but Allardyce was the manager who had Okocha and Djorkaeff doing tricks on the wings, long ball dinosaur Moyes had Pienaar Arteta Osman and two of the best attacking full backs in the league at the time playing the best football from any Everton team in the PL.

Mourinho used to play direct with his best Chelsea teams, Klopp plays direct all the time launching cross after cross and long ball after long ball. Benitez at Liverpool was the same, long punt to Kuyt and look for a knock down. Ancelotti played some very rudimentary stuff with us as well.

Most managers play more attractive football when they have better players to do it with. The characterisation of managers by the media is just lazy but some fans lap it up and get so bent out of shape about it.

Inappropriate Language
One of the downsides of this appointment is Michael Keane is granted yet another life at Everton. Really wish we’d punted him before Dyche joined.
They all do mate, sadly, always happens when we punt managers. Maybe Dyche already has a clue about the shithouses but I doubt it. One of the reasons I was for Bielsa was that he probably was the only manager who wouldn’t give them any more chances.
Panic over regarding finding new players before the deadline. He said we got to look to what we have as there is top talent* in our squad.

*just never been unlocked by the twelvety managers we've had.
Exactly why I think he got the job - “put away the money Bill, I can do what I did a Burnley and I’ll whip these losers into shape for you.”

Status
Not open for further replies.