Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we will go 442 tomorrow;

will definitely be without Andros Townsend and Nathan Patterson, James Garner is still nursing a back problem too.

Michael Keane and Ben Godfrey are edging closer to returns from knee injuries but also remain out. So starting lineup;

———————— Pickford.——————
- —————Coady. ——— Tarkowski.———
Coleman.—————————— Mykolenko.
—————— Gana. ——Onana.—————-
Iwobi.—————————————- Gray.—
——— Calvert Lewin.—- Maupay—————

Think we will be very compact. Long ball up go DCL and try to get Maupay, Iwobi and Gray close to him to get the knock downs and flick ons.

Last edited:
The problem is we arent in a position where we can accept defeats anymore. We need something from the next 2 games, for morale and so we arent cut adrift. Unfortunately we could well and easily lose both due to our lack of top flight quality
We need 4pts from the next 2 games but even Dyche wouldn't be able to hold a straight face whilst saying he believes its achievable.
Arsenal and Liverpool as your first 2 games While your trying to build belief into the squad...
We really do help ourselves don't we..

I went to the friendly against Arsenal and the most noticeable thing was how much higher a tempo they could hold than us. If they find that we're done. So I imagine it'll be a full on shithousing display.

I think we're playing this season's champions tomorrow so don't expect anything from it, but the performance is important.

Put on a good showing and that can be carried forward against the Sh'te, a much poorer side than Arsenal and one we can take a point off, then the season really begins.

Everton have often played better against sides at the top end for quite a while and that's what I'm hoping for, together with
some new manager bounce.

I've just read the last ten pages and I don't understand the fear about next week. Have you not noticed what's been happening
there this season?

I don't know why I'm excited by this match. Assume it's because we haven't played for a while and the new manager bounce expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.