Transfer Rumour Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you've answered your own question there, id add, Rooney, Mina, Bernard, Gomes, VDB, El Gahzi, depends how far back you want to go - high wages, hgh profile minimum output for the cost.
So steer clear of any high profile player on a free and short term contract because it might not work out?

My take on Isco

I've followed Real Madrid almost as long as EFC. Isco was one of my favorite players because he was an absolute play maker. He was thrilling to watch, but after a few seasons something happened. I don't remember which season it was, but word got out that he had a new girlfriend. Almost immediately his form dropped like a rock. Spanish news said his girlfriend was getting death threats because fans blamed her for his loss of form.

In my opinion, he has never been the same since. He's had some injuries, but nothing big that I remember. How bad and serious were the death threats? I have no idea, but based on his performances since then, I'd compare him to Edin Hazard. He can still be brilliant sometimes, but it happens sporadically. And being out of shape also likens him to Hazard.

I'm torn on whether I want him here or not. Also, Spanish players don't seem to do as well in the premier league in my opinion.
David Silva says hi

I wouldn’t take him, I think we have seen how Sean Dyche intends getting Everton out of the bottom three and that is by hard work, by ugly tactics and by playing to the limited strengths of our current squad. Isco doesn’t strike me as a Dyche type of player. To bring in an aging superstar on big wages may be damaging to the present squad and if we are saddled with a big earner for the next couple of years we will just be repeating mistakes.

Yes absolutely, red flags all over the show, you don't need me to explain them to you.
I disagree. I think, especially in Everton's situation, it's worth taking a punt on a player who's lost their spark, but the salary and contract has to be right.
Looks like we won't pay too much for Dele. Shame he didn't work out but he saved our bacon against palace.
James was pure class, again shame he was injured half the time but took the club to a whole new audience. It was the first time since rooney burst on to the scene, I felt like a kid watching football. Such a shame the fat fella booted him.
Football needs a bit of a spark. Players like isco provide that. Provided the contract and pay are right, it's a no brainer for me.

I disagree. I think, especially in Everton's situation, it's worth taking a punt on a player who's lost their spark, but the salary and contract has to be right.
Looks like we won't pay too much for Dele. Shame he didn't work out but he saved our bacon against palace.
James was pure class, again shame he was injured half the time but took the club to a whole new audience. It was the first time since rooney burst on to the scene, I felt like a kid watching football. Such a shame the fat fella booted him.
Football needs a bit of a spark. Players like isco provide that. Provided the contract and pay are right, it's a no brainer for me.

Its fine to disagree mate, i just see smoke and red flags and the potential to repat massive historic gaffs in terms of the players profile and current context so i wouldn't. Hopefully you have the right of it if he comes.

Always thought Asensio was twice the player to. Isco was never really that influential for me and flattered to deceive, i think he thinks he's better in his own head, then he actually has been.

So be a no from me.

Can see both sides of this. He was great a few years ago but could turn out to be another Shandy Andy or Drenthe now. But if Dyche wants him then he must think he can get a tune out if him, so I'd go with what the manager wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.