Transfer Rumour Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho, seems to have used Villa, as nothing more than his retirement plan.

I suspect Isco would do the same here.

Reeks of the days of Ginola, Gazza, Mark Hughes.
A short term deal but only until the end of the season is worth the gamble.

Depends on the deal really. If its ‘reasonable’ wages not rooneyesque etc then why not. We need bodies and whilst I admit it could be lots of injuries,only a handful of games, he could unlock a few defences and get us out of trouble. Im in but kind of on the fence a bit.

Isco is technically superb. We're not exactly overloaded with technical prowess. So, is he good enough to play for Everton? I don't think we need to answer that question. Can he get fit enough to play for Everton? That's a better question. If the answer to that is yes - and if we can bring him in on a reasonable deal, then it's a no-brainer. However, there's no way he's coming here for James money. If he comes, it'll be on the cheap. Otherwise, forget about it. We cannot take that risk. Isco can. So it's his call.

I’m not sure I’d trust Lampard to make this call after the punts on Dele and VdB but I have faith Dyche won’t make similar mistakes and if he’s signed he’s here to work hard and contribute

It would be great to have someone as talented and skilful as he was at his peak but time has sadly passed. I just don’t think it could be recaptured to bring us any benefit.

No gracias !!!

Not for me….all we do at Everton is ‘take a punt’ (should be called the punt window) on players that have ‘something to prove’ it’s a sad state of affairs - anyone that is coming from a club like RM directly or indirectly to us (a club which has done nothing for 28 years and currently sits 18th) isn’t coming for anything other than money and to be hero worshipped by the fans….quality or not - history tells us it ends one way - they end up leaving - my guess would be this summer (if he joins) - he’d just be a poor man’s version of Rodriguez

My only concerns are around his character, attitude and how his personality fits in with the squad. He can come and sit on the bench for all I care as long as he doesn’t upset the applecart.

….my view is that you have to have character, you have to have personality, you have to fit in with teammates if you play so many games for Real Madrid. You have to be a good trainer, you have to be tough you have to be professional to play so many games for Real Madrid.

The players would enjoy having that quality training with them. i’d be surprised if he didn’t integrate,

I'm not sure he fits into a Dyche team, Dyche wants all action midfielders swarming over their opponents, and two wide men who will track back with a good hold up man at centre forward. I'm just not sure, as good as he is, where Isco fits in to this. Great player, but, I don't think he will fit in with Dyche.

Mind you, one thing is for sure, if we sign him it will be with Dyche's approval. I doubt that he would stand for having players he didn't fancy foisted on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.