Transfer Rumour Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm good friends with his Mum and Dad, San(dra) and Franc Isco.

Sorry. .....i'll go to bed now
20221225_220635.jpg

If a 30 year old midfielder with numerous CL medals and La Ligas under his belt is considering a move to Everton then you know there's something off. Sevilla felt the need to terminate his contract after 4 months and even Union Berlin swerved him *after* agreeing terms and passing the medical.

I guess what I'm saying is "Welcome to Goodison". Just in time to watch Spring bloom through the treatment rooms window.

We've just won 1 game in 6000 attempts.

We literally have no creative outlet, so my questions are -

1. Can he control a ball
2. Can he pass a ball forwards
3. Can he score the odd blammo

If its a yes to 2 out of 3 of the above questions, then he has to be under serious consideration. We are a DCL injury away from having to set up completely differently which is where someone like him could come in handy. If the ball had to be kept on the deck a lot more for Maupay than launching balls in the air to him.

Would he agree to a deal until the end of the season? I don't know

Will his wages be too much? I don’t know

One thing I do know is our survival hangs on a knife edge and after the absolute calamitous transfer window where we've ended it weaker than when we started, we could maybe do with looking at all the help we can get

He used to be a great player, but I've not seen anything in the last few years to suggest he is still a good player at the top level. His fitness would be a massive concern for me because there is no room in a relegation battle for any passengers.

The question is then whether we can afford to pay presumably a big wage for a player to change a game from the bench and start occassionally. Maybe in the short term, but it feels like another low percentage gamble to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.