2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we get any better when Gray come on?

Will we be any better with Simms?

I think not.

All hope is, as it has always been on Calvert-Lewin.

View attachment 205698

By the time Gray came on the game was done and the team was in full collapse mode. There were a few situations in the first half where we had a good counter attack on but only had McNeil and Maupay available. Get Gray into those positions and he is more effective.

I do feel a tad sorry for him because he's not as bad as his performances have suggested. Confidence completely shot, isolated and feeding off scraps for the majority of the game and is carrying the goal-scoring burden of the entire team.

He's been terrible but that doesn't happen overnight, he was a more than competent PL player for Brighton when playing a more progressive style of football.

For that reason, a really strange signing. Brining a player in who clearly didn't and doesn't suit the previous and current regime.
I only saw the last 25 minutes of the first half. In that time there must have been half a dozen balls played into the box and I am pretty sure he got on the end of one which he mis-controlled. He was nowhere near anything else and that has been repeated game after game. He’s either crap or very unlucky that not much falls near him. I’ll go for the former.

I only saw the last 25 minutes of the first half. In that time there must have been half a dozen balls played into the box and I am pretty sure he got on the end of one which he mis-controlled. He was nowhere near anything else and that has been repeated game after game. He’s either crap or very unlucky that not much falls near him. I’ll go for the former.
He did have an attempt from just outside the box in the first half. It was the most pathetic attempt on goal ive seen for a long time. It was at a snails pace and 10 metres wide.So bad in fact the stream i was watching did not bother to replay it.

He did have an attempt from just outside the box in the first half. It was the most pathetic attempt on goal ive seen for a long time. It was at a snails pace and 10 metres wide.So bad in fact the stream i was watching did not bother to replay it.
Aye think I read about that while looking for a stream. The one at the Park End against Villa was like a pass back from a clear opportunity

He's up there for the most useless player we have ever had

Makes you wonder, do we even have players watched, you know scouted, if we did in this case then the scout should be sacked on the spot. Thelwell, Kenwright and Moshiri, we've been told, all have to sign off/ agree to each player signed. Well what happened here, he's small, slow not in anyway prolific or a goal poacher, doesn't seem to be able to hold the ball up, I mean what he got that our scouting team has seen that we all cant...

Makes you wonder, do we even have players watched, you know scouted, if we did in this case then the scout should be sacked on the spot. Thelwell, Kenwright and Moshiri, we've been told, all have to sign off/ agree to each player signed. Well what happened here, he's small, slow not in anyway prolific or a goal poacher, doesn't seem to be able to hold the ball up, I mean what he got that our scouting team has seen that we all cant...

I've said before, I think the idea behind it was to get the opposite player to Dom to fit where Lampard wanted the team to go playing wise...high press, passing between the lines, pretty triangles. You know...like Brighton.

The complete opposite happened and we've played him like he's a 6ft athletic bulldozer

Status
Not open for further replies.