2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lone striker or not, I expect better control, better passing, better vision and better movement. He can still be useful as a lone striker if he does the above.

Partner him with someone will not magically improve his all round technical ability. He is [Poor language removed], stop giving him excuses.

Gray on the wing Iwobi alongside Onana Simms uptop - Such in the Gana role ...,.we needs goals ...Maupay will never score nota no 9..
I do see what you are saying here Joey but I just don’t think Gray is disciplined enough to play on the wing for a Dyche team. I also believe Coleman has looked ok purely because Iwobi has been busting his gut to cover him since Dyche took over. Maupey isn’t the greatest striker in the world but he’s a good player who has scored goals wherever he’s been, everywhere except here... If you put Simms up top, you have to play Maupey/ Gray with him and lose a midfielder, all of a sudden we are Lampard levels of open space

I do see what you are saying here Joey but I just don’t think Gray is disciplined enough to play on the wing for a Dyche team. I also believe Coleman has looked ok purely because Iwobi has been busting his gut to cover him since Dyche took over. Maupey isn’t the greatest striker in the world but he’s a good player who has scored goals wherever he’s been, everywhere except here... If you put Simms up top, you have to play Maupey/ Gray with him and lose a midfielder, all of a sudden we are Lampard levels of open space
The was plenty of open space tonight with that formation...

Lone striker or not, I expect better control, better passing, better vision and better movement. He can still be useful as a lone striker if he does the above.

Partner him with someone will not magically improve his all round technical ability. He is [Poor language removed], stop giving him excuses.
I have seen better CF in semi pro football .....

Seriously if Maupay turned out for St Helens Town FC he would not look like a world beater. He would arse about, shout a lot and maybe score 2 goals max in the game. We cant play him again. Might as well go with Simms.

Just play simms. Ok he started liverpool away and was not great but whats that his 2nd pl start for everton and first in a couple of seasons? Not the ideal game for an inexperienced player in a struggling team. He can in no way possible be gasher than maupay. Because im better than maupay and im 45 stone

Status
Not open for further replies.