Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg
Play for draws
Put no men forward
Play the wrong players out 0f positions
Favour older players who are proven failures
Don't tell your players to track runners
Get outworked by the opposition every week

Problem is we have to stick with Dyche. We don't have any money and can't take a gamble on some new up and comer

The board have put us in a horrible position.

We won't have money to rebuild. Our future will be uncertain. Personally, we have to stick with Dyche as he's worked with nothing and got results because off the field it's a mess.

There's idealism of what should happen next. Then there's a reality.

The reality I think is... we're relegated, 15 players leave the team. We're not able to spend much of fees we receive. EFL is on our back from the off. We have to wait for the PL review. The board will concentrate on that than on the pitch. So Dyche will have to do what he did with Burnley to rebuild and get us back to the top flight.

If it's not Dyche...you've then got to gamble on an unknown and hope. It may work, it may not. Regardless you have to stick with it
We dont have to stick with Dyche and we absolutely should not stick with Dyche

The bulk of this is on the players, but, in all fairness, both of our last managers have been poor appointments.

The last 3 if you include large kecks, but that goes without saying.

I think they've been poor appointments because of the initial appointment. The moment we appointed Benitez it started a long slippery slope of poor appointments because of the last.

If/when we go down, provided we can survive the financial meltdown, it may be just the thing to make people around the club, management, players and fans alike, accept that the days of Everton as a big club are over. The days of us not taking a promising young coach because he's 'not ready for a club like Everton', or sending our promising young players out on loan because once again not ready for Everton.

We need a total reset, a young manager who is going to be given the time he needs to build something, we also need to get as many of our over paid very ordinary players as possible off the books. If we survive financially, we need to see the club ran like a business rather than a circus and build a solid foundation for our return to the premier league, whenever that may be.

Godfrey gets picked because he is the “defensive option”. Doesn’t matter how bad he is at it, managers like Dyche will always prefer players like that to those that actually cross the half way line.
If someone turns in performances like United away and last night and you continue to select him despite other available options then you deserve the criticism that comes your way and you also can’t be massively shocked you haven’t won in 6 games .

If/when we go down, provided we can survive the financial meltdown, it may be just the thing to make people around the club, management, players and fans alike, accept that the days of Everton as a big club are over. The days of us not taking a promising young coach because he's 'not ready for a club like Everton', or sending our promising young players out on loan because once again not ready for Everton.

We need a total reset, a young manager who is going to be given the time he needs to build something, we also need to get as many of our over paid very ordinary players as possible off the books. If we survive financially, we need to see the club ran like a business rather than a circus and build a solid foundation for our return to the premier league, whenever that may be.
The most depressing thing for me isn't the prospect of relegation.

It's that there's no sign that anyone at the football club is capable of making the right decisions.

We can say a full rebuild is the way to go - and it absolutely is - but who orchestrates that? Who even gets is started?

I think it’s something that could ruin the club for a generation but also the men that have appointed the last three managers are in charge so the idea they’ll do anything but find someone with premier league (championship maybe ) experience that talks a good game seems fanciful .

It's that there's no sign that anyone at the football club is capable of making the right decisions.

We can say a full rebuild is the way to go - and it absolutely is - but who orchestrates that? Who even gets is started?
Spot on

Sounds like exactly what Bielsa told us to be fair

Your squad is crap, I ain't managing it; you need to bin all your players and i'll drill the youngsters because they'll actually listen

The man could see in to the future

Smartest man in football by the looks of it. Wipes the floor with our owner and everyone on our board in terms of IQ.

Maybe we can ask Elon to send the team bus and board member limos into space, rather than one of his cars?

Sounds like exactly what Bielsa told us to be fair

Your squad is crap, I ain't managing it; you need to bin all your players and i'll drill the youngsters because they'll actually listen

The man could see in to the future

100% In a nutshell.

He was honest. "You want me to manage a team my way with that squad? And you have no money. I like you as a club but if you REALLY want me...you let me coach the youth team, then I'll see what happens next season cos it's not going to happen with this squad. I'll be then better prepared for no money in the league or championship"

Far too long have managers come in and gone "there's quality in this squad" and the delusion to get it out of them.

There isn't any quality in this squad for this level. Bielsa knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.