2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his interview he mentioned that we dominated first half but Newcastle won because they are a team riding a crest of a wave at the moment and are bang in form. What was the excuse against Fulham then, who at the time were on a losing streak missing their star striker.

Personally I thought he would do better than he is, I thought we would still go down but as it is, it looks like he's going down with a whimper.

Tetchy describes it well. The comment about listening in from his room, letting them talk and summarising could be taken as an odd comment.

I said it in another message, however I do wonder how the players perceive the way we're playing.

Thanks for sharing.

Lampard started saying categorically he didn't want to talk about what happened before him. I then always found it irritating when things were going bad, it's all Lampard would do - talk about the problems that he had were there before him and he didnt have a magic want. I felt it was evasive, and there's no time for self preservation in a relegation fight.

Disappointed to see Dyche doing the same there talking. Its true what he says, the team couldnt score goals before him but as the journalist said to him, he did say the team were better players than they were showing so you'd expect improvement.

Managers in relegation fights shouldn't be in self preservation mode. Talking about beating Arsenal, or the problems before him is self serving and unhelpful.

The other issue is that it's much closer this year than it was last year, with other teams picking up victories (or a series of them) here and there.

As you mention, we're playing percentage football and hoping to sneak a victory but if not get a draw, whereas other teams are picking up those vital points.

The draws against Chelsea, Spurs, Palace and Forest are matched by a win and a draw against lesser teams, although they're actually exceeding them.

We need a win and on Monday and one or two more, or it's all done for as other teams will get a victory before the end of the season.

Not sure.

36 points kept you up last season.

It likely does again this season?

How he has Doucoure an Gana setup is astonishing.

Just can't get over playing Doucoure as a supporting striker. I've never known a footballer to lack composure as much as him and we've got him trying to connect midfield with attack.

And don't get me started on Gana. Way too advanced, taking pot shots and freekicks? Gana? Really.

That's on Dyche.
So so frustrating watching managers asking players like Gana and Doucoure to do things they aren't good at. Gana should have one job and that should be to screen the back 4. Doucoure should pick the ball up and drive with it.

To be fair to him it has't just been Dyche doing it. Lampard fell into the same trap. When you have no creative midfielders it makes things very difficult.

So so frustrating watching managers asking players like Gana and Doucoure to do things they aren't good at. Gana should have one job and that should be to screen the back 4. Doucoure should pick the ball up and drive with it.

To be fair to him it has't just been Dyche doing it. Lampard fell into the same trap. When you have no creative midfielders it makes things very difficult.

We've all said it all season about Gana.

Absolutely insane - remember thinking when Lampard left at least that's the end of seeing Gana attacking midfield.

Every game is important in terms of points, but consider whether you actually thought we were going to take anything from that game. Next one is massive and if we cant beat Leicester then it says it all.
I thought we were going to beat Fulham though…and we didn’t…

Not sure.

36 points kept you up last season.

It likely does again this season?
I meant that there were two teams cut a drift by now - Watford and Norwich. The latter were certainly down whereas Watford looked pretty certain.

1682679710579.png

While it's unlikely, Southampton who are bottom could get two wins before the season is out and be right back in the mix. I can see all the above getting a win.

1682679793234.png

Who else do you pick?

Coleman is injured and let’s be honest was absolutely woeful last season and is prone to dropping clangers himself

Patterson would be my choice but he’s not rated on this forum for his defensive skills and is only just back himself from a nasty injury

Holgate is suspended and is a disaster regardless

Coady was dropped for Keane because he was making too many mistakes

Gray is just as bad as Iwobi but doesn’t work as hard

Davies is even worse than Gana in possession

The ones I would lay at Dyche’s door would be Mina and Patterson should be playing but I’m not surprised he didn’t build a consistent line up around two players who can’t stay fit.
But just because the Crap on the pitch aren’t working try the crap on the bench. He gave holgate his first start in months over Patterson at RB, says it all. I know McNeil has scored a Couple of goals, but does he deserve to start every game and play every minute.

I’m no gray fan but iwobi has never done it on the wing and was terrible last night , doucoure was also shocking last night and plays the full game.

Do you think he would have consistently picked Keane and Tarkowski every game, if there wasn’t a Burnley connection. Because I don’t

If/when we go down, provided we can survive the financial meltdown, it may be just the thing to make people around the club, management, players and fans alike, accept that the days of Everton as a big club are over. The days of us not taking a promising young coach because he's 'not ready for a club like Everton', or sending our promising young players out on loan because once again not ready for Everton.

We need a total reset, a young manager who is going to be given the time he needs to build something, we also need to get as many of our over paid very ordinary players as possible off the books. If we survive financially, we need to see the club ran like a business rather than a circus and build a solid foundation for our return to the premier league, whenever that may be.
It’s took Newcastle 3/4 yrs to become a champions league club. Aston Villa spent 3 yrs in the championship not
So long ago and look where they’re. Look at Brighton, Brentford, Fulham. What Leicester did. Pathetic to think it’s over for us if we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.