2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
My moody comments towards Dyche since last night aren't blaming him for us going down by the way - if he kept us up it would have been miraculous.

Everyone wrote off our chances of survival when we failed to sign anyone in January. Yet some still happy to pin much of the blame at him.

He's not completely blameless, but in no way is he one of the key reasons for us going down.

I just don't get what leaving Patterson out is achieving.

The in vogue thing in the league atm is to have 1 offensive full back and 1 defensive who tucks in to make a 3 when in possession. Have Patterson acting as a winger in possession and tuck Godfrey in as the 3rd defender on the left. More stable in possession while making the pitch wider.

Instead we have a flat rigid 4 with neither full back overlapping when the wide men cut inside. We are narrow and easy to defend.

This is entirely on dyche.
There is a reason why we are narrow, and it is about quality. Our best hope of creating anything is about winning duels and second balls, and winning the ball back. Not very effective either with the players we have, but it provides some sort of defensive protection. Godfrey, Tarkowski, Keane, Mykolenko, Gana, Doucoure, etc., are nowhere near good enough to play in a structure like you mention.

In that case, it has to be practiced, which we don't have time for, and with these players I don't think it will work anyway. The quality is not there. You saw the pass Tarkowski made yesterday, that's normal among these players.

Having said that, I think we should change our formation to 5-3-2 in the last few games. It is only a small adjustment from 4-4-2, but can give us better width, while at the same time we have good balance centrally.

Last edited:
Everyone wrote off our chances of survival when we failed to sign anyone in January. Yet some still happy to pin much of the blame at him.

He's not completely blameless, but in no way is he one of the key reasons for us going down.
I agree. Everton’s issues were all there to see before he turned up but he’s making decisions that are baffling to say the least.

no it’s more than him. but i’ve just seen his post match - i think we can do it

1-win in 10 says we can’t sean

Without deserving it we are still in the race for survival.
Unfortunately we are probably playing the worst of all the teams at the bottom just now.

I would like to see the manager change things up in the team.
I am fed up of seeing Iwobi run around like a lunatic but not actually do anything worthwhile and Gana something similar.

The lack of creativity in the team is frightening, weirdly the addition of one creative player to that team could make us half decent

no it’s more than him. but i’ve just seen his post match - i think we can do it

1-win in 10 says we can’t sean

In all honesty mate, what's he to say? If he came out and said we're done we'd all be moaning.

He's in an unenviable situation where the writing was on the wall long before he came in. I think he genuinely thought he could get more out of this team, that's not happened.

Dyche way of playing is only effective if you score first and grind out results with hard work

Sadly we can’t score so we don’t have a plan B when it doesn’t got to plan.

He’s failing in the job he was brought in to do, we are conceding goals galore and not winning games, yes he’s been dealt a crap hand but he knew that when he took the job. Stay up or go down I think he needs to go, his football style is done at this level.

Left Godfrey on the pitch. Refuses to entertain different CB's. Dyche is responsible for this
I think managers forget that they still need to work during the 90 minutes as well….it’s not just about preparation, training throughout the week and team selection….a manager must also be judged on their performance during the 90 minutes which means we judge them on their adjustments whether that be formation or personnel throughout the 90

This.

Dyche has completely underwhelmed me. I know a few of his connections and it saddens me.

I dont back him to have the flexibility to ensure we go back up first time.
Not convinced on Potter….did well at Ostersund (spelling will be wrong), but did not pull up any trees at Swansea in the Championship, and I think his time at Brighton has been put into perspective by their new manager. The less said about Chelsea the better

My moody comments towards Dyche since last night aren't blaming him for us going down by the way - if he kept us up it would have been miraculous.
Not sure I'd agree it would have been miraculous. I think as bad as we are, the players quality wise have to be better than Bournemouth and forest and at least on a par with Southampton and Leeds. And dyche has been in positions regularly when he has been out of the relegation zone. Really he should have done better than he is.

Not sure I'd agree it would have been miraculous. I think as bad as we are, the players quality wise have to be better than Bournemouth and forest and at least on a par with Southampton and Leeds. And dyche has been in positions regularly when he has been out of the relegation zone. Really he should have done better than he is.

I still stick by miraculous.

IMO, Dyche keeping us up would have been the biggest individual managerial achievement at Everton since Moyes finished 4th.

Appointed here;

skysports-everton-dyche-premier-league_6038394.jpg

With Arsenal x2, Liverpool A within the first 5 games.

Without a striker.

Go through the team and count the players career goals.

There isn't goals in this team.

Go through the team and count assists/chance creation.

There isn't assists in this team.

Why would players who have never scored goals or created them on a regular basis suddenly start?

It's why I said on here we'd go down in the summer. I said it in January.

This is why we go down - all before him, so I can't blame him now.

Why ?

I still stick by miraculous.

IMO, Dyche keeping us up would have been the biggest individual managerial achievement at Everton since Moyes finished 4th.

Appointed here;

skysports-everton-dyche-premier-league_6038394.jpg

With Arsenal x2, Liverpool A within the first 5 games.

Without a striker.

Go through the team and count the players career goals.

There isn't goals in this team.

Go through the team and count assists/chance creation.

There isn't assists in this team.

Why would players who have never scored goals or created them on a regular basis suddenly start?

It's why I said on here we'd go down in the summer. I said it in January.

This is why we go down - all before him, so I can't blame him now.

Since he has come in he’s had a better points per game return than Leeds, Leicester, Forest and Southampton. In that time he’s had no proper striker.

I find it amazing that a manager who has signed no players and inherited a team who took 15 points from 20 is getting hammered for 13 points from 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.