Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This being in our hands going into the last day was a situation we’d have eaten your hand for a few weeks ago.

Up to us now.

Sunday is going to be horrible.

Not having a go mate but I don’t get this, we’ve had plenty of opportunity weeks ago to avoid a last day situation. Look at the pressure it’s going to place on everyone leaving it till the last game. We should of been out of it.

Lads, we have to beat Bournemouth, Leeds have to beat Spurs and Leicester have to beat West Ham. We clearly have the easiest challenge ahead of us, especially when you consider anything but wins for those 2 see them down, whereas we can lose and still stay up.

Anyone losing their heads on Leicester and Leeds both guaranteeing wins haven't paid attention to us hammering Brighton and West Ham battering Leeds, you can't guarantee any result in this league. We're all playing at home and say what you want but our fans will drag them the extra mile, the others won't, they've tasted the Championship very recently, we never have. We're petrified of it, they'll be annoyed by it.

Everton are not in any reality a Championship club and our fans won't allow that to happen, the same cannot be said for the other two, that's the facts of the situation.

We'd always have to win this last game no matter what that Leicester result was.

The idea we'd scrape a draw at home and hope Leeds don't win is more of a disastrous result than trying to win a home game that seals safety

That wouldn’t be the plan, that’d be the safety net. We don’t have that safety net now. That’s why this result was a disaster.

Sunday will be the third time we've played Bournemouth this season, we have been absolutely hammered in the first two meetings, but, if we can't beat Bournemouth in the last game of the season, at Goodison when we desperately need a win to keep us in the premier league and they are just waiting for the final whistle so they can go on their holidays, then then we really deserve to go down.

It's in our hands, win on Sunday and we get to do this all over again next season, if someone had offered me that the day Lampard was sacked, I'd have snatched their hand off.
Absolutely, I feel far better with tonight's game out the way knowing its up to us

Status
Not open for further replies.